120-hour Distance Course from IATA Training
Every year, more than 1 billion people traveling abroad for vacation, business, education, family and countless other reasons. Clearly, the travel industry offers incredible business opportunities. This Managing the Travel Business programme will teach participants some key skills needed to supervise and manage a team, to initiate changes and make business decisions based on intelligent strategies and to develop new products and effectively marketing them. Participants will also learn agency accounting procedures that will allow them to build business plans that take financial health into account. This distance learning course is available as a printed textbook or ebook. Completion of the programme will generally take around 120 hours within a span of 18 months. Performance will be assessed by an exam at the end of the programme.
Upon completing this course participants will have the skills to:
- Understand the manager's roles and responsibilities within a travel agency
- Coach and motivate employees
- Develop sound negotiating skills
- Develop new products and services
- Arrange special interest travel and tour production
- Set up proper back office operations
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency supervisors and mid-level managers
- Agency back-office personnel
- Sales and marketing managers
- Independent travel consultants
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the Managing the Travel Business Diploma
Training Course Content
- Administration and accounting
- Strategic management and negotiation
- Product development
- Meeting and event planning
- Sales and marketing plus developing a social media strategy
Regular Fee: $620 (eBook) / 645 (printed format)
Developing Nations: $490 (eBook) / 515 (printed format)
IATA Training - Training for aviation professionals & organisations
Serving over 100,000 delegates every year, IATA Training provides specialised training to aviation and travel professionals worldwide. With the goal of supporting and promoting global industry standards, their 300+ courses are developed around the International Air Transport Association's (IATA) core areas of expertise. Benefiting from IATA's work...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.