Finance For Non-Finance Managers – Fundamentals
Financial knowledge, skills and commercial awareness are business critical skills for all non-finance managers. Succeeding in these challenging economic times relies on everyone having a basic understanding of finance, and sharing a common direction and purpose. Being comfortable with financial terminology and principles will enable managers to effectively partner with the finance function and contribute to the performance of the business.
This one day course is aimed at ensuring that the fundamentals of finance are well understood. By breaking down some of the jargon and making finance more accessible this course can lead to delegates taking a more proactive role with finance in their organisations. It provides a safe environment where they are able to ask questions and ensure that they have a solid foundation on which to build.
Our training courses are designed to be hands on and interactive, therefore we limit delegate places to a maximum of 18 to allow you to get the most out of your learning and training with us.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for the Analyst, Manager, Trusted Advisor and Business leader.
Training Course Content
- Detailed understanding of financial terminology;
- An appreciation of financial principles and concepts;
- Understanding the different financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, cash flow), including: what they are, why they are useful, and what they show;
- Understanding the interactions between the financial statements;
- An understanding the difference between profit and cash;
- Understanding of working capital and its importance to a business; and
- An introduction to some financial performance measures used by a business.
Why choose ICAEW
Training needs consultation service
4.8/5 average delegate feedback score
Experienced finance professionals and
highly engaging trainers
£675 +VAT / Faculty Member £506.25 +VAT
ICAEW Academy of Professional Development
As a world leader of the accountancy and finance profession, ICAEW’s Academy reflects our commitment to high quality learning and leadership development solutions for all career stages, across a wide range of sectors in practice and business. The extensive portfolio...
Find out more about this Finance For Non-Finance Managers – Fundamentals course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!