Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Principles of Construction Contracts - 2 Days Open / Scheduled Course
This two days classroom training course focusses on the details of standard forms of contracts and the key components of contract formation. The course will also take delegates through the elements of English Law. Delegates will get chance to share their experiences with other delegates and explore examples with the tutor.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Civil, structural and building engineers, project managers, quantity surveyors and construction professionals who are in the early stages of their professional development and who require a broad introduction to the contractual approaches of the construction industry
- Individuals looking to gain an understanding of how to operate construction contracts internationally
- Graduate engineers undertaking their Initial Professional Development for the chartered Professional Review
- Those seeking knowledge and understanding of construction contracts, how they are formed and how to work with them
- Those seeking to understand NEC, FIDIC, ICC, ACE AND JCT contracts
Outcome / Qualification etc.
As a result of participating in this course delegates will gain an understanding of:
- How to undertake effective administration of construction contracts, whether working for client, contractor or consultant
- The key components of construction contracts and what constitutes good contract administration
- The tender process and its implementation
- Consultancy appointments
- Dispute avoidance and the dispute resolution process
- Insurance, liabilities and warranties in the construction industry
- The English legal system and the principles of contract law
The cost of this 2 day training programme is £580 GBP per delegate.
Specialist training for civil engineers, project managers and construction professionals
ICE Training is the training arm of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). The company designs and delivers training across the breadth of infrastructure keeping in mind the requirements of new and experienced practitioners. Areas they cover include BIM, CDM 2015, Eurocodes,...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.