Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Temporary Works Design (Above Ground) - 1 Day Open / Scheduled Course
This is a one day training course which focuses on temporary works above ground. The course is complemented by a similar training course focussing on works below ground.
Correct design, co-ordination and execution of temporary works is extremely crucial to the overall requirement of any project to be completed in accordance with time, budget, and safety, health and environmental constraints.
Temporary Works design is different from design of permanent works in several respects, including:
- Importance of understanding site operations and constraints
- Need to work closely with the contractor
- Importance of erection methods and co-ordination
- Formwork and Falsework in particular are generally loaded to their full capacity
Temporary Works therefore has a code of practice BS5975 that, in addition to technical issues, also contains a section on procedural control and co-ordination.
This training course encourages the exchange of ideas and experiences among delegates in the form of comments and questions, group discussion, and team exercises. The training programme is equally suitable for contractors, consultants and specialist sub-contractors.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 1 day training programme has been specifically designed for:
- Design engineers looking forward to specialise in temporary works, who need an introduction to the subject
- Design engineers who require to understand the design of the temporary works when designing permanent works
- Temporary Works co-ordinators, managers, site engineers, estimators and planners with a general knowledge of engineering design, who need an understanding of temporary works
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of this training programme delegates will gain an understanding of:
- How to design significant temporary works
- How site conditions affect the design of temporary works
- The processes involved in temporary works design
- The procedures in temporary works design, including temporary works coordination, in accordance with BS5975
The cost of this 1 day training programme is £300+VAT per delegate.
Specialist training for civil engineers, project managers and construction professionals
ICE Training is the training arm of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). The company designs and delivers training across the breadth of infrastructure keeping in mind the requirements of new and experienced practitioners. Areas they cover include BIM, CDM 2015, Eurocodes,...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.