Introduction to Energy Futures & the Clearing Process – Flex
As part of our Flex Series, this 2 hour live instructor led virtual course provides an introduction to what futures are and how they work from an exchange and clearing perspective. This is the first in a series of three courses that makes up our 'Introduction to Futures & Options' pathway. The other two modules in the series are:
- Introduction to Trading & Hedging with Futures
- Introduction to Options
On completion of all three sections, you can take an assessment towards pathway Certification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- New traders and brokers
- New entrants to the futures and options markets
- Support and operations people involved in the energy markets
- Sales and marketing personnel
- Individuals working in organisations such as: trading companies, banks, brokers, oil producers, consumers, refiners, distribution companies, government and associated organisations.
Training Course Content
- How session will work and Welcome
- Session 1:
- What is a Futures exchange
- Example: ICE Futures Europe
- What is a future? How does it work
- The anatomy of a futures contract
- Session 2:
- How Clearing Works
- CCP vs Bilateral
- Benefits of the CCP model
- Main risk mitigation structures
- Session Review:
- Review of key learning points
Intercontinental Exchange - Open Courses in Commodities and Financial Markets
Intercontinental Exchange's diverse markets span futures and options on interest rates, commodities, indexes and FX, as well as equities and equity options. These markets are relied upon by international market participants, along with our post-trade infrastructure. ICE is uniquely positioned...
Find out more about this Introduction to Energy Futures & the Clearing Process - Flex course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!