Petroleum Products Trader Program - Simulation Based
ICE Education and Two Two Five bring their expertise in the physical and derivative oil product markets and electronic trading to bring to you this innovative program that utilises a revolutionary trading simulator that ensures practical hands on experience of 'real market scenarios' in a unique learning experience delivered as 8-interactive modules over 4 days. Each module features three elements:
1. An interactive 1-hour Pre-Read that introduces the trading concept
2. A Live Session featuring sophisticated TRADING SIMULATIONS streamed for 2x2 hours per day, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 10am - 12noon and 2pm - 4pm (London time) each day for 4 days. No Training will take place on Wednesday.
3. A Knowledge Check
You will receive coaching from an expert former trader, and access to the unique physical trading simulator for the full duration of the course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- If your work is affected by the changes to the international price of oil
- oil industry staff working supply, trading risk management, refining, finance, transportation and E&P
- Oil trading and distribution companies
- Energy-related government departments
- Purchasing, planning and finance departments in major energy consumers
- Energy publications
- Bankers, accountants, auditors and others associated with oil companies and oil financing.
Training Course Content
The current supply & demand situation, the difference between forwards, futures, swaps and options and how they are used in the oil products market. SIMULATION: Derivatives tutorial
- Trading Best Practice:
The various types of risk, how risk is measured and successfully managed by a trader. SIMULATION: Gasoil flat price
- Time Spreads:
What a forward curve is, the different types of market structure and how traders use time spreads. SIMULATION: RBOB time spreads
- Cargo Price Exposures:
How oil products are priced, what are product differentials and the impact of different pricing periods. SIMULATION: Products differential trading
- Trading Opportunities:
What geographical arbitrage is, the economics that need to be considered including chartering and how to hedge the associated price risks. SIMULATION: Global arbitrage
- Price Risk Management:
Being aware of the price risks connected with physical oil products trading and how to manage them effectively. The difference between arbitrage and unwinding hedges. SIMULATION: Hedging tutorials
Why storage is valuable. Costs associated with storage. How storage can be optimised SIMULATION: Diesel storage optimisation
- Team Dynamics:
How a trader can make money from a physical oil products portfolio including the importance of evaluating opportunities quickly, hedging appropriately and why teamwork is important. SIMULATION: Products portfolio optimisation
£2,500 + VAT
Intercontinental Exchange - Open Courses in Commodities and Financial Markets
Intercontinental Exchange's diverse markets span futures and options on interest rates, commodities, indexes and FX, as well as equities and equity options. These markets are relied upon by international market participants, along with our post-trade infrastructure. ICE is uniquely positioned...
Find out more about this Petroleum Products Trader Program - Simulation Based course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.