Directors and their Duties
A one-day course for new directors, board advisors and those seeking to freshen their knowledge.
Company directors are more exposed than ever. To regulators. To shareholder action. To the realities of the current business climate. This essential course covers the director's responsibilities, liabilities and best practice in the boardroom.
By the end of the day you will understand:
- Key duties of directors, their power and authority
- The statutory framework for the role and responsibilities of company directors in the UK (Companies Act 2006)
- Liabilities, sanctions and indemnities
- How to deal with conflicts
- How best to manage the relationship between the company and its shareholders.
- Good boardroom practice and board relationships
- Induction, development and performance reviews
- Current legal issues
Suitability - Who should attend?
New entrants to the boardroom, those with experience seeking to freshen their knowledge, and others advising boards and/or inducting new directors
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will also receive:
- A model for assessing the effectiveness of your boardroom practice and identifying areas of weakness
- A Delegate Pack containing comprehensive course notes and presentation slides
- An ICSA Certificate to show you have attended the course
- 6 months complimentary professional subscription of ICSA (see below)
- 6 hours credit towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Non-members £685.00 +VAT
- Professional subscribers £617.00 +VAT ICSA
- Members £530.00 +VAT
- ICSA Students £345.00 +VAT
The Chartered Governance Institute - Developing the skills of governance professionals
The Chartered Governance Institute (previously ICSA: The Governance Institute) is the professional body for governance. With 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policymakers to champion high standard of governance and provide qualification, training and guidance that build careers. ...
Find out more about this Directors and their Duties course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!