Document Retention: Getting it Right
A practical, one-day course for anyone responsible for the management of corporate documents.
Businesses that don't maintain clear records often find themselves in financial and legal difficulty. The problem lies in knowing exactly which documents to retain– and for how long. This course examines the importance of a robust document retention policy – and the risks when this is not in place.
By the end of the day you will understand:
- Which documents your organisation needs to retain – and for how long
- The consequences for companies who fail to do so
- How to develop an effective document retention policy
- How to balance business needs with regulatory obligation
- Retention, disposal and review procedures
- Data law and the use of documents as evidence
- The retention of electronic data
Suitability - Who should attend?
Company secretaries and their teams, and any others involved in the collection and management of corporate documents
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will also receive:
- An opportunity to ask our experts specific questions relating to your organisation
- A Delegate Pack containing comprehensive course notes and presentation slides
- A certificate to show you have attended the course
- 6 months complimentary professional subscription to The Chartered Governance Institute (see below)
- 6 hours credit towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Non-members £685.00 + VAT
- Professional subscribers £617.00 + VAT
- The Institute Members £530.00 + VAT
- The Institute Students £345.00 + VAT
The Chartered Governance Institute - Developing the skills of governance professionals
The Chartered Governance Institute (previously ICSA: The Governance Institute) is the professional body for governance. With 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policymakers to champion high standard of governance and provide qualification, training and guidance that build careers. ...
Find out more about this Document Retention: Getting it Right course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!