International Trade Finance - 3 day training course in London
This three day International Trade Finance training course is highly intensive, practical and cutting-edge. The course is designed to explore all the main risks in contemporary trade finance products and structures. This course opens up the communication channels between credit managers and trade finance managers in a highly practical manner.
In three intensive days, this course confronts the current issues in international trade finance on a step-by-step basis. It will lead you through a thorough understanding of the risks and solutions involved. You will return to work fully aware of the best risk mitigation and internal communication techniques, ready to do business in a safe and prudent manner.
Delegates of this three-day course will gain a practical understanding an working knowledge of:
- A payment, negotiation, acceptance, confirmation and deferred payment credits
- The UCP-ICC 600 rules
- International documentation
- Standbys and international guarantees
- Back to back, front to back and event-triggered finance
- The mechanics of discounting, forfaiting and factoring
- Pre-shipment and pre-export risk assessment
- International contract financing
- Marketing trade finance – internal and external
Suitability - Who should attend?
This International Trade Finance training course is suitable for all delegates that are interested in contemporary trade finance and is aimed at improving the communication between credit managers and trade finance managers.
Training Course Content
This course is designed to cover the following topics:
Day 1: Letters of Credit and their Variants
The Evolution of Letters of Credit in the Trade Cycle
- Collections and international documentation
- Payment, acceptance and negotiation modes of funding
- A closer look at negotiation under new ICC 600 rules
- Deferred payment letters of credit
- Case Study: Who takes the main risk? An L/C is put under the risk spotlight to highlight the risk stances of applicant (buyer), beneficiary (seller), issuing bank and intermediary paying or negotiating banks
- Confirmations silent/straight and soft
- Red clause L/Cs their mechanics and risks
- The utilisation of non-operative clauses as a risk mitigation technique
- Deferred payment L/Cs in oil trading
- High risk countries and the red clause transferable bulk L/C
Back To Back Issues
- The mechanics of back to back letters of credit
- Case studies in back to back financing
- Securities and pitfalls
- Long horn back to backs
- Counter L/Cs
- Back to back variations
DAY 2: The Essential Differences Between Guarantees and Standby L/Cs
- Guarantees in trade finance
- Case studies and examples of performance bonds, bid bonds, retention money guarantees and advanced payment guarantees
- The mechanics of standby contemporary issues
- Case study: Defining the products by example
- THE HYBRID: A practical case study reviewing the risks inherent in the conditional guarantee and standby being utilised as payment mechanisms
Forfaiting and Factoring
- Single receivable forfaiting market
- Mechanics of forfaiting
- The political risk reality of forfaiting
- Forfaiting deferred payment L/Cs
- Contemporary models
- Forfaiting and factoring compared
- Forfaiting interest calculations
- Jumbo L/C risk sharing, sales and distribution
- Structured single export
DAY 3: Warehouse Financing and Fraud Avoidance
- Contemporary warehouse financing techniques and risks
- Warehouse receipt/warrant financing
- Demonstration of political risk impact on prefinance and insuring off-take prices
- Fraud avoidance techniques. How NOT to lose $300million in one day!
- Due diligence with banks' securities
- Middle office functions
- What to do if things do start to go wrong!
- Spotting and avoiding fraud in trade finance: 5 generic case studies
Structured Pre-export Finance
- The fundamental principles of "tolling" finance deals
- Case studies in securitisation and pre-export finance structures
- Timing and an introduction to option financing
The cost of this course is £2,199 + VAT per delegate.
In House Training:
IFF is the global leader in the provision of tailored in-company courses that are designed to bring about significant increases in personal and organisational performance. By creating training programmes that are aligned to the specific needs of your business, we are able to provide results and ROI’s that are way above what can be achieved via conventional training programmes.
International Faculty of Finance - IFF Finance & IFE Energy - Specialist Training Courses
As one of the world's leading specialist financial training organisations, The International Faculty of Finance, provides participants in the global financial markets with intensive technical training programmes designed to help them succeed on the global stage. Established in 1991 we...
Average rating 4.8Based on 16 reviews.
Find out more about this International Trade Finance course - simply fill out your details: