Infrastructure Project Finance - 3-day financial training course in London
Delivered by IFF over three intensive days, this Project Finance course has been designed to provide delegates with a project financing “toolbox” incorporating project risk analysis, debt sizing/structuring and project loan documentation.
The course explains clearly and in detail the financing techniques and structures typical of the infrastructure and PPP/PFI arenas and reinforces learning through the use of case studies, specifically tailored to illustrate the issues and techniques covered in the course.
The course has a strong practical emphasis throughout, but case studies are used particularly to reinforce learning. There are three basic types of case studies:
- Mini-Cases – shorter class-based sessions where participants are required to identify the pros and cons of a project from a bankability perspective, and also to set out requirements for additional due diligence.
- Peer Review Committee Sessions – more intensive cases where the Course Faculty acts as presenter and four participants are selected to act as a committee to screen new transactions before they go to full Credit Committee.
- Term-Sheet Case Studies – exercises where the course participants are required to review a project financing term-sheet for completeness and acceptability from the perspective of either the lender or the borrower.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Infastructure Project Finance course is aimed at project finance team members who require an understanding of:
- Project and financing documents’ core structure and key variants
- The issues which are likely to be most contentious in discussions between sponsors, lenders and others
Training Course Content
This course is designed to cover the following key topics:
The Project Finance Toolbox
Infrastructure & PPP Project Finance
- History of PPP/PFI
- Risk Features of Infrastructure Project Finance – Key Drivers for Debt Structure & Pricing, especially:
- Infrastructure P/F Models – debt models for roads/rail & light rail/airports/ports
- The PFI/PPP Process/Regulatory and Public Sector Oversight
- PPP/PFI Project Finance Models for Hospitals, Schools, Prisons and Waste Management
Key infrastructure /PPP Financing contracts – The concession
- Concessionaire responsibilities
- Grantor responsibilities
- Payment methods
- Penalty regimes
- Relief & Force Majeure
Key infrastructure / PPP Financing Contracts – Direct agreements
Direct Agreements are often hotly-negotiated – not least because they tie the non-bank counterparties into commitments they may be very reluctant to give. As such they merit particular analysis.
The cost of this course is £2,399 + VAT per delegate which covers tuition, lunch and refreshments during the day.
IFF - International Facutly of Finance is one of the world's leading training providers in this sector - their training solution include customised, in-house and fully bespoke training solution helping you meet your training requirements with a cost effective training plan. This Infrastructure Project Finance course is also available on an in-house basis.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
As one of the world's leading specialist financial training organisations, The International Faculty of Finance, provides participants in the global financial markets with intensive technical training programmes designed to help them succeed on the global stage. Established in 1991 we...
Find out more about this Mastering Infrastructure Project Finance course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!