The Mechanics of Investment Management
- An online guide to the world of modern investment management.
- The course tackles the major issues currently impacting the investment management sector
- Get a practitioner-focused perspective on issues such as: Asset allocation strategies; Valuation methodologies; Performance management; Portfolio management approaches; Equity & fixed income investing; The role of derivative instruments; Risk management issues; The world of alternative investments.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You have the option to receive a Postgraduate Certificate validated by Middlesex University Business School.
How you'll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
Training Course Content
- Unit 1 – Current themes in institutional investment management
- Unit 2 – Stock markets and equity investing
- Unit 3 – Fixed income portfolios and the art of lending
- Unit 4 – Introducing derivatives
- Unit 5 – Modern asset allocation strategies
- Unit 6 – Risk management of the institutional portfolio
- Unit 7 – Exploration of alternative assets: Progressive adoption of hedge funds, private equity and real estate
- Unit 8 – Further exploration in institutional asset management: Current topics of liquidity, asset allocation, risk, alternative investments and fiduciary responsibility
Average rating 4.8
The Mix of technical material / Video and supporting reference material was powerful.
If the colleague is not already at advanced level, i would say a definite go ahead.
Well structured and well supported
International Faculty of Finance - IFF Finance & IFE Energy - Specialist Training Courses
As one of the world's leading specialist financial training organisations, The International Faculty of Finance, provides participants in the global financial markets with intensive technical training programmes designed to help them succeed on the global stage. Established in 1991 we...