5-day PMI - PMP® Certification Programme Project Management Workshop Overview:
The Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP Certification is accepted worldwide as proof of project management experience and competence. Having the PMP certification proves that you have an advanced level of experience and project management knowledge. Our Project Management Certification Programme will equip you with the knowledge required and cover all the steps needed to develop your skill sets in Project Management as well as cover all the steps needed to pass the examination leading to PMP certification. It will familiarise you with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) standard, its nine knowledge areas and five process groups. We will familiarise you with the format of the examination and with the types of questions asked, and give you a chance to practise examples of those questions.
To apply for the PMP, you need to have either:
A 4-year degree (bachelor's or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This PMI - PMP® Certification Programme training course is suitable for those who are or will soon be required to manage projects which are based on PMI standards and need to know how to apply them to managing a project.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define portfolios, programmes and projects
- Describe the project lifecycle and organisational influences
- Monitor and control project processes
- Create a project plan and use it to monitor and control a project
- Define requirements and a work breakdown structure
- Define and sequence activities and estimate durations
- Create a budget and control costs
- Identify and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Perform quality control
- Identify and manage project risks
- Build, develop and manage a project team
- Conduct procurements
- Prepare to sit and pass PMI's PMP examination.
Training Course Content
· The project environment
· The PMBOK Guide – the nine knowledge areas & 28 processes
· Project Integration Management
· Project Scope Management
· Project Time Management
· Project Cost Management
· Project Control
· Project Risk Management
· Project Human Resource Management
· Project Quality Management
· Project Procurement Management
· Project Communications Management
· Professional & Social Responsibility
· PMP Exam Preparation
· Summary & Next Steps
IIL Europe - World Leaders in Project Management Training
IIL Europe Ltd offers a broad range of training, consulting, mentoring and coaching solutions as well as customizable corporate training programs in Project, Program & Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Lean Six Sigma; PRINCE2®; ITIL® Agile; Microsoft® Project and Project Server; Leadership...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!