Sales Through Service (STS): In-House Training Programme
Can you both serve – and sell? Poorly executed conversations that take place during attempted sales can have a negative impact on the customer's confidence in your service and damage your relationship. On the other hand, conversations that are handled well, often lead to winning additional business and an enhanced relationship with the client. The skills required of customer service and selling are very different, and companies need their sales teams to be able to do both.
Research shows that sales conversations during which the seller empathises with, relates to, and reassures their customers are the most successful. When the customer instead feels pressured or just pitched to, they are much less likely to buy. Nowadays is is common salespeople are required to have a combination of customer service skills and sales skills, and some even manage and service sales accounts in addition to selling to new clients.
Imparta has combined their knowledge of sales with their vast research and experience to develop the robust and customer-centric approach to driving commercial results through consistently brilliant sales conversations that is taught in this course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house training programme is best suited for service staff seeking to influence buying decisions.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This in-house training programme will enable you to do the following:
- Ensure that service staff are comfortable with a more sales-oriented role
- Move the dial on cross-sell and upsell ratios
- Ensure a good level of conversion once a new opportunity has been identified
- Improve customer satisfaction and KPIs such as CSAT/NPS
Training Course Content
The content of this Sales Through Service (STS) training programme can be tailored to fit your needs, customers, markets, and objectives.
Areas typically covered in Imparta's STS programme include the R3 model:
- People buy people first – lowering tension and building trust
- Moments of truth – the importance of the first impression in a face-to-face interaction
- Listen with care – focusing on understanding customers' needs
- Be a wordsmith – with absence of body talk – words become even more important – look at how to optimise the impact of our words
- Different people different styles – identifying customers’ preferred communication style through the words/body talk they are using and adapting our own communication style to match
- Behaviour breeds behaviour – understanding different behaviours and attitudes of individual customers, enabling adult to adult conversation with challenging customers
- Probing – asking the right questions to find out what the customer needs – making it conversational and person focused not interrogative and process driven
- Buying journey – share the psychology customers go through when making a buying decision and understand where the key touchpoints are to help the customers through the journey
- Planet boring to planet exciting – using words that focus on feelings rather than facts to demonstrate customer agenda thinking and gain buy-in to recommended solution/product
- Closing techniques – gaining commitment from the customer
- Seize the moment – ensuring that first interaction with the customer is maximised to its full potential
Request information to learn more about bespoke courses from Imparta
Imparta improves its clients’ business performance in the areas of Sales, Sales through Service and Service using highly practical and researched approaches and an integrated solution that goes well beyond simple training interventions. Imparta’s Capability Building® System combines assessment, training, coaching, application...
Find out more about this Sales Through Service (STS) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!