International Oil, Gas & Energy Law
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Oil, Gas and Energy Law is a course created in response to the growing demand for legal education in this field and specifically in the areas of:
- The regulation of oil, gas and energy law transactions
- Upstream oil, gas and petroleum contracting
- Arbitration and dispute resolution
- Energy processing and distribution law
- The legal financial matrix of the oil, gas and energy sectors
- Environmental and sustainability issues
While primarily focused on the law, the modules of study touch on other disciplines such as finance and policy. Both national and international law are covered, with appropriate attention given to cross-border aspects. The aim of the course is to train professionals in a solid working knowledge of relevant national and international law, as it applies in practice. The qualification will be of benefit to anyone currently pursuing, or wishing to pursue a career in the oil, gas and energy industry, or in the renewable energy sector.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is suitable for practising lawyers in the industry and industry professionals, specifically:
- Contract Managers
- Company Secretaries
- Legal Advisor/Manager
- Plus, private practice lawyers, in-house lawyers working in oil, gas and energy sectors
- From: law firms; government and regulatory bodies; international oil and gas companies; banks and investment firms; national/state oil and gas operations
- Non-legal professionals working in the oil, gas and energy industries, in particular:
- Business development
- Project Manager
- Environmental positions
- Project Managers
Training Course Content
Students will all study the Core Module and will then specialise by choosing from the optional modules listed below.
- An Introduction to the Legal System and the Basic Elements of Energy Law
- Legal Regulation of Oil, Gas and Energy Transactions
- Upstream Licences and Contracts
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Energy Processing and Distribution Law
- The Legal Financial Matrix of the Oil, Gas and Energy Sectors
- Environmental and Sustainability Issues within the Energy Industries
- Pre-sessional module - £2,085
- Postgraduate certificate - £5,030
- Postgraduate diploma - £8,130
- LLM - £14,015
Professional Courses in Law, Energy, Security and Business Management
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Find out more about this International Oil, Gas & Energy Law course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!