MA, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
The overarching aim of the course is to develop the skills, knowledge and abilities of HR practitioners, enabling them to approach people management in a more strategic, professionalised and effective manner. Students will benefit from a theoretical understanding of the factors in the internal and external environment which shape HRM and will acquire the skills and knowledge to design, develop and embed HR strategies in a range of contemporary workplace settings.
This course will develop your knowledge and skills in core areas of human resource management (HRM) to help you start or further your career as a HR professional. The course will also enhance your expertise in professional activities related to employee resourcing, employee development, employment relations and employment law. You will gain experience in practical problem solving informed by leading edge theory and research.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- This course offers HR professionals the knowledge and practical skills to effectively manage contemporary HR issues and challenges
- The course is delivered by one of the largest and highly qualified HRM departments in the UK with a reputation for producing highly rated graduates with exceptional employability
- Previous companies to have sent students: DHL; NHS and Ford
- DMU is a CIPD approved centre with a track record of delivering high-quality provision. The department has robust links with the CIPD at both local and national levels. The CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development. The not for profit organisation champions better work and working lives and has been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development for more than 100 years. It has more than 135,000 members across the world, provides thought leadership through independent research on the world of work, and offers professional training and accreditation for those working in HR and learning and development.
For more information please visit the institute website.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The key objectives of the course are to:
- Equip you with the specialist knowledge, skills and competence required to advance a career in HRM
- Provide you with the underpinning knowledge and understanding to support access to professional grades of CIPD membership including MCIPD and FCIPD
- Benefit from the supportive and nurturing team of HRM professionals who bring the subject to life and will develop your critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Supported online learning that allows you the flexibility to coordinate your study around work and family life.
- The cross sectoral nature of the part time student group allows you a real opportunity to compare practices across organisations and to learn from the experiences of others over online group platforms.
- A core advantage of being able to study and work is that you have the chance to apply your learning in practice.
Training Course Content
The course is ideal for:
- HR managers/professionals/officers/administrators and all other HR titles
- General managers
- Chief People Officers
- Directors of Employee Engagement
- Chief& Human Capital& Officers
- HR Generalists
- Training Managers
- Chief HR Officers
- Talent Directors/Managers
& As well as& others working in the below industries:
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Training and Development Specialists
- Employment, Recruitment and Placement Specialists
- Head of Workforce Intelligence
- HR Data Analyst
- HR Compliance
- Employment Lawyer/Legal Adviser/ In-house legal
Why choose Informa Connect
We train 10,000+ people every year
We've been delivering learning for 40+ years
Join a community of over 10,000,000+ professionals
- Postgraduate certificate - £2,750
- Postgraduate diploma - £5,500
- Masters - £7,500
Professional Courses in Law, Energy, Security and Business Management
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Find out more about this MA, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!