Advanced Certificate for the Executive Assistant (ACEA™)
Fast becoming the de-facto must have training certification for ambitious Executive Assistants the Advanced Certificate for the Executive Assistant: ACEA® course equips Executive Assistants with the skills and knowledge to meet the increasingly demanding roles that are expected of them in the modern corporate environment.
ON-SITE / IN-HOUSE TRAINING AVAILABLE GLOBALLY
Contact us for details
ACEA® is a world-leading intensive and interactive executive level training course that equips current and aspiring Executive Assistants with the skills and knowledge they need to excel.
The role of the Executive Assistant is on a journey and the responsibilities of this highly demanding and visible role continue to grow exponentially.
To become a TRUE ‘business partner’ to an Executive, it is imperative that Executive Assistants have a deep understanding of the business and their Executives’ role & responsibilities. Organisations are looking for Assistants that possess ‘Executive Level’ business acumen and skills now more than ever.
Uniquely delivered from an 'Executive Led' perspective, the ACEA® course focuses on elevating the role of the Executive Assistant, by delivering a fundamental understanding of business and organisations, as well as practical skills, including:
- Strategic thinking
- Corporate visions & missions
- Understanding the linkages between strategy, projects & operations
- Project management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Risk management
- Quality management
- Ethics & corporate social responsibility
- Communication skills
- Emotional intelligence / resilience
- Service orientation
- Time management
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Financial awareness
- Change management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Negotiation skills and conflict management
… and much more
Over 1,500 Executive Assistants have now participated in ACEA® , which is delivered as both open courses or can be scheduled for your team/group (online or onsite):
- 99.7% of delegates have said they would recommend ACEA® to a colleague or friend in the post event surveys
- Average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars from over 500 course reviews on findcourses
- Gain an internationally accredited certificate, approved by a recognised UK awarding body: Qualifi
- Post-nominal: Proudly display ACEA after your name on your business card and resume/CV
- Accredited by the C PD Standards Office and awarded 30 CPD credits
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) approved training course and qualifies for 28 recertification points
- Endorsed by the Institute of Administrative Management (IAM) , the oldest professional body for administration and business management in Europe
Suitability - Who should attend?
This highly practical and interactive ACEA® course has been specifically designed for:
- Executive Assistants
- Management Assistants
- Chiefs of Staff
- Office Managers
- Senior Assistants
- Executive Personal Assistants
- Executive Secretaries
- Personal Assistants
- Personal Secretaries
- Administration Managers
- Management Secretaries
- Executive Personal Secretaries
PLUS anyone else responsible for the support of the senior management and executives
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Why have over 2000 Assistants participated in the ground-breaking ACEA® training course?
- To give their bosses greater confidence to delegate more important & critical tasks
- To gain a broader understanding of the business, increase business acumen & bring new ideas/skills to their organisation
- To rejuvenate their passion for their career, take the next step up & progress further
- To show what they are capable of
- To manage projects more efficiently, increase productivity and delegate
- To join & share experiences with EAs from other sectors and nationalities
- To stand out with a globally recognised accredited certification
- To gain respect in the boardroom & recognition of role & responsibilities
- To learn from world-renowned trainers & accomplished business leaders
Delegates who successfully complete the assessment and participate effectively in all the course team exercises will receive the Advanced Certificate for the Executive Assistant: ACEA®.
Delegates also gain 30 CPD credits through the course accreditation by the CPD Standards Office. CPD is recognised and applicable across all industry sectors, this means that when an individual undertakes and records CPD training they know it will carry value across the board and in any sector they wish to work in.
The CPD Standards Office accreditation services support all CE, CLE and CME policies associated to US professional bodies, regulators and societies.
*Please note that CPD policies vary amongst different professional bodies, and there may be a variation on the language used, or the requirements for recording CPD / CE activities. It is always worth checking directly with a specific professional body if there are queries on recording CPD / CE activities.
Delegates who are members of the Institute of Administrative Management gain 30 IAM CPD Credits.
Members of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) gain 28 recertification points.
Training Course Content
The Advanced Certificate for the Executive Assistant: ACEA® course covers the following topics:
- Personal introductions
- Course background
The Modern-Day Executive Assistant
- The journey
- Future skills
- Characteristics and qualities
Understanding Ourselves and Others
- Emotional intelligence at work
- Know your inter-personal style and how your behaviour impacts others
- Learn how to manage others
- DISC personality assessment
- Measuring your emotional intelligence
- Service orientation
- Overcoming fear
- Planning presentations
- Presentation preparation and tips
Organisations and Strategies
- The modern organisation
- Vison, mission and core values
- Corporate strategies
- Principles of planning setting goals and objectives
- Understand why organisations measure
- The balanced scorecard
- Measuring an Executive Assistant’s performance
Personal and Corporate Ethics
- Corporate social responsibility
- Personal ethics
- Corporate ethics
- Dealing with ethical dilemmas
- What motivates you?
- The 5 key motivation theories
- Maslow vs Herzberg
- What is a project?
- Why projects go wrong
- The golden rules of project management
- Project management methodologies
- Work breakdown structures (WBS)
- Project estimating
- Project scheduling tools
- Controlling the project
- Status reporting
- What is risk management?
- Why organisations manage risk
- Barriers to effective risk management
- Risk quantification and measurement
- Risk response options
- What is stakeholder management?
- Stakeholder mapping
- Managing different stakeholders
- Defining quality
- The cost of quality
- Quality planning
- Definition of time management
- The time management process
- Running effective meetings
- Understanding leadership vs management
- Building trust
- Developing influencing skills
- Assess your leadership competencies and learn how you can develop your strengths
- Develop your ability to influence and communicate with others
- Communication strategies and techniques
- Listening skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Barriers to communication
- Financial accounting vs management accounting
- Understanding the 3 key financial statements
- What is EBITDA?
- Principles of budgeting
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- What is critical thinking?
- Problem solving techniques
- Assessing potential solutions
- What is change?
- Change drivers
- Responses to change
- Overcoming resistance to change
Conflict and Negotiation Skills
- Conflict triggers
- Managing conflict
- Negotiation tactics and negotiating styles
Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate for the Executive Assistant: ACEA®
Delivery Options & Expenses
The ACEA® public course is delivered in multiple international locations including Europe, Middle East, East Africa, West Africa, Sub Saharan Africa, South East Asia, Australasia and the United States of America
We can also deliver this course in-house anywhere in the world.
PA Networks and Associations
Special exclusive deals are available for bona fide PA Networks and Associations. For details of how your members can benefit significantly from group bookings please contact us directly.
***NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE***
We are delighted to announce the groundbreaking, globally recognised, certified & accredited ACEA® training course is now available to join online.
Traditionally delivered in classroom format, we have responded to demand and developed a modular online course, which will cover the same subject matter but delivered virtually.
Average rating 4.9
I thoroughly enjoyed completing this course, it covers a broad range of topics that are widely applicable to my current role as an EA but also roles i will undertake in the futu...
I enjoyed the fast paced and highly interactive sessions a lot. Jeff was an awesome trainer whose passion for teaching was immediately obvious. He provided ample examples for ea...
Was highly insightful, and got a lot out of it. Especially in parts such as project management.
Contact Innoverto for more information and pricing details
Innoverto – Training, Consulting & Events to take your vision higher
Innoverto has been providing executive training programs both as open enrollment courses and customized in-house courses all over the world for over a decade. Top leaders choose Innoverto for their training requirements. The courses are developed by experts in their...