*We now offer Online IT training remotely to businesses in the UK and in Europe. This course is delivered remotely as a real time face-to-face communication with the trainer. You will be able to see the trainer and the trainer will be able to see you and your screen. All secure and private. No videos, animations or modules to complete online. This is proper hands-on instructor led training for your staff. Just like in a classroom, plus, all the benefits of private training. A Remote solution for effective Virtual training, delivered using either Microsoft Teams or Zoom, which are both free to download. Online IT training can be 1-to-1 or for a group of up to 6 people, plus a Per Hour option.
Overview and objectives
Interpersonal communication skills are highly valued by businesses internationally. This four-day
course will provide you with a strong understanding of face-to-face, telephone, written, and
presentation communications techniques.
You will learn to conduct face-to-face and telephone conversations, write letters, memos, reports,
and proposals clearly, design and deliver presentations, and facilitate meetings. You will also learn
basics of business numeracy and etiquette.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should attend?
This course is designed for new or intending sales consultants, customer service advisors, and
No previous experience or training in business skills is required, though students should possess
basic numeracy and literacy and ideally have a basic
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Each trainee will receive a Certificate of Attendance
Training Course Content
Business Skills - Principles of Communication
- Understand the process of communication • Identify barriers to effective communication • Describe different communicational networks
Business Skills - Speaking Effectively
- Develop an effective conversational style • Identify and minimise barriers to spoken communications • Understand the importance of attitude and self-image • Use techniques to control and structure a conversation • Use questions effectively • Know basic techniques for
using a telephone • Understand the value and use of contact records
Business Skills - Communication Styles
- ;Understand how personal communication styles can help or hinder communication • Use Belbin Team Roles to analyse effective team working practices • Use Transactional Analysis to interpret communications styles • Understand the use of Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) and DISC to interpret behaviour
Business Skills - Active Listening
- Understand the concept of active listening • Identify techniques for improving listening skills
Business Skills - Feedback ;
- Use the Johari Window to analyse interpersonal relationships • Practise methods for giving and receiving feedback
Business Skills - Basic Writing Skills
- ;Understand basic elements of syntax • Know how to organise a document • Use a methodical plan to write documents • Develop a good writing style
Business Skills - Writing Letters and Memos
- ;Use the correct elements and formatting in letters and memos • Write effective email messages
Business Skills - Writing Reports
- Know the sections that a report should contain • Understand the functions of proposals and tenders
Business Skills - Etiquette
- ;Explain why etiquette and cultural values are important • Practise good manners in the office • Practise good manners at business functions • Know the basics of dining etiquette • Identify do's and don'ts of gift giving.
Business Skills - Numeracy
- Understand the use of arithmetic, statistics, and probability in business • Know the basics of interpreting and analysing data • Understand basic concepts of keeping accounts and using budgets
Business Skills - Presentations
- Describe why a presentation is effective • Research the audience for the presentation • Identify the attributes of an effective presenter
Business Skills - Developing a Presentation
- Open a presentation with an effective introduction • Organise presentation content effectively • Develop appropriate support materials • Know how to close the presentation
Business Skills - Delivering a Presentation
- Complete a preparation checklist before the presentation • Use warm up techniques to prepare yourself to deliver a presentation • Use verbal and non-verbal techniques to put impact into your delivery • Know techniques for handling audiences • Run a question and
Business Skills - Meetings
- ;Identify the qualities of a well-organised meeting • Organise and facilitate a meeting • Practise good meeting etiquette • Understand theuse of different meeting technologies (teleconferencing, video conferencing, web conferencing)
Why choose Insight IT Training
Founded in 1998 and trained staff at more than 2,840 companies throughout the UK.
Rated excellent by more than 90% of customers and more than 60% repeat purchases.
17 specialist trainers for IT and Business Skills training, each with more than seven years of corporate training experience.
The prices quoted are a total cost. Each person will receive a Certificate of Attendance, free ongoing post training support (if needed), copies of the Evaluation Forms completed by the trainee(s) for your records, and a comprehensive and user-friendly reference manual. And all of our costs such as travel, expenses and accommodation are included as well.
Other business courses offered by Insight.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Insight IT Training - Customised IT and Business Skills Training, Tailored to Your Company
*We now offer Online IT training remotely to businesses in the UK and in Europe. This course is delivered remotely as a real time face-to-face communication with the trainer. You will be able to see the trainer and the trainer...
Find out more about this Communication Skills for Business - Online course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams