Microsoft Access VBA Two day - onlineInsight IT Training
Microsoft Access VBA Two day - online
All available course dates
*We now offer Online IT training remotely to businesses in the UK and in Europe. This course is delivered remotely as a real time face-to-face communication with the trainer. You will be able to see the trainer and the trainer will be able to see you and your screen. All secure and private. No videos, animations or modules to complete online. This is proper hands-on instructor led training for your staff. Just like in a classroom, plus, all the benefits of private training. A Remote solution for effective Virtual training, delivered using either Microsoft Teams or Zoom, which are both free to download. Online IT training can be 1-to-1 or for a group of up to 6 people, plus a Per Hour option.
Benefits of Microsoft Access VBA 2 Day Course
This Microsoft Access VBA course has been designed to give experienced Access users the skills they need to understand the basics of VBA Programming. The course is 100% hands-on, with exercises to practice the skills as you learn them.
Now that you are beyond the basics, you can dive right into our Microsoft Access VBA 2 day course. You will learn and understand procedures and functions, working with objects and record sets. We will cover topics such as using expressions, variables and intrinsic functions, debugging and error handling. For a comprehensive list of our content, please check out our course details below.
Our experienced trainers are highly skilled in working with the Microsoft Office product suite and have many years of experience.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Trainees should have attended the Advanced Microsoft Access course or have a good working knowledge of table creation, basic query and report writing functions and relational database concepts. No programming experience is needed.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Each trainee will receive a Certificate of Attendance, signed by the trainer. You will also receive copies of the Evaluation Forms completed by the trainee(s) for your records.
Training Course Content
- Introduction to VBA
- Recording & Running a Macro
- Understanding the VB Editor
- Using the Menu Bar
- Using the Standard Toolbar
- Editing Code
- Using Help
Procedures and Functions
- Understanding Modules
- Creating a Standard Module
- Understanding Procedures
- Creating a Sub Procedure
- Calling Procedures & Using the Immediate Window
- Creating a Function Procedure
- Naming Procedures
- Organising Code & Procedure
- Working with the Code Editor
- Understanding the Object Browser
- Understanding Classes & Objects
- Navigating the Object Hierarchy
- Referencing Objects
- Understanding Collections
- Working with the Application Object
- Understanding the Form Object
- Working with Properties
- Using the With Statement
- Working with Methods
- Understanding the DoCmd Object
- Working with Events
- Understanding the Order of Events
Using Expressions, Variables and Intrinsic Functions
- Understanding Expressions & Statements
- Declaring Variables
- Understanding Data Types
- Working with Variable Scope
- Working with Variable Lifetime
- Considering Variable Scope & Lifetime Together
- Using Intrinsic Functions
- Understanding Constants
- Using Intrinsic Constants
- Using Message Boxes
- Using Input Boxes
Controlling Program Execution
- Understanding Control-of-Flow Structures
- Working with Boolean Expressions
- Using the If..End If Decision Structures
- Using the Select Case…End Select Structure
- Using the For…Next Structure
- Using the For Each…Next Structure
- Using the Do… Loop Structure
- Branching Structures
Working with Recordsets
- Declaring & Creating Object Variables
- Working with the ADODB Recordset Object
- Specifying a Recordset Cursor Type
- Looking Records for Updating
- Specifying a Recordset Cursor Location
- Using the Cache Size Property
- Understanding Recordset Cursor Properties
- Understanding Errors
- Debugging Code & Tools
- Setting Breakpoints
- Setting Break Expressions
- Using Break Mode during Run Mode
- Stepping through Code
- Determining the Value of Expressions
- VBA’s Error Trapping Options
- Trapping Errors with the On Error Statement
- Understanding the Err Object
- Writing an Error-Handling Routine
- Working with Inline Error Handling
Why choose Insight IT Training
Founded in 1998 and trained staff at more than 2,840 companies throughout the UK.
Rated excellent by more than 90% of customers and more than 60% repeat purchases.
17 specialist trainers for IT and Business Skills training, each with more than seven years of corporate training experience.
All the prices quoted are a total fixed cost and are the same for any location in the UK. Each person will receive a Certificate of Attendance, free ongoing post training support (if needed), and a comprehensive and user-friendly reference manual in pdf format.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Insight IT Training - Customised IT and Business Skills Training, Tailored to Your Company
*We now offer Online IT training remotely to businesses in the UK and in Europe. This course is delivered remotely as a real time face-to-face communication with the trainer. You will be able to see the trainer and the trainer...
Find out more about this Microsoft Access VBA Two day - online course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.