Copywriting for Web and EmailInstitute of Data & Marketing
Copywriting for Web and Email
All available course dates
Copywriting for Web and Email
Write copy that attracts, engages and influences readers. Learn how good copywriting can boost results, from better search engine optimisation to improved email response. Gain the confidence you need to apply these best practices in your digital copy.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who needs to write or evaluate copy for digital media. You could be a marketing executive, manager or copywriter looking to expand your experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will learn to:
- Understand how your audience interacts with digital content as opposed to print
- Create the most effective web copy that attracts and extends the journey of more visitors
- Write both to engage your audience and to attract search engines
- Appeal effectively to both B2B and B2C audiences
- Create emails and email campaigns that drive improved results
Training Course Content
Introduction to writing for digital channels
- How do readers ‘see’ digital content?
- The skim factor
- Skimmers and scanners v longer readers
- Web usability research and what it means for effective writing
- Mobile – where else your customers and audience might read your copy
Breaking down the brief
- Getting started with a digital mind-frame
- Importance of key words and phrases
- How to sell digital copy
- Making the most of each medium – websites, emails, ads
- What will work, where?
- Checklist for effective web writing
Expanding the content for web pages
- How SEO affects digital content – where else will your headlines appear?
- Which words are the most important on a web page? And why?
- Understanding ‘call to action’ the digital way
Making emails and email marketing campaigns work harder
- Who reads marketing emails?
- Who doesn’t? And why?
- Getting the subject line right
- Not getting sent straight to spam
- Effective email copy
- Golden rules and cardinal sins
- Test test test – what to test and why
Editing and repurposing content for digital channels
- Key points to consider when repurposing or editing content
- Which stage should digital content be considered?
- Quick wins with little effort
- When copy alone is not enough... making sure enhanced content is working just as hard for you
- Key editing do’s and don’ts
- How to start incorporating the day’s principles within other digital copy opportunities
Course delivery details
Virtual Classroom: Tutor-led, live, online classroom environments
The IDM Virtual Classroom is face-to-face, peer-to-peer learning – in the digital world. It lets you keep learning, wherever you are, and to connect with others, no matter the distance.
The IDM’s Virtual Classroom offers:
- An interactive classroom environment
- Peer-to-peer collaboration
- An engaging platform experience
- Practical learning through hands-on exercises
- Online access anywhere you can get an internet connection
Courses are structured in a time-friendly format consisting of three to four sessions per day, broken up into 60 to 90 minutes of learning, instead of the conventional approach of listening to lectures and notetaking.
Before starting your course, you’ll receive joining instructions outlining any technical requirements, plus a unique login link via Zoom.
Why choose Institute of Data & Marketing
Over 30 years experience as a leading awarding body for qualifications in data & digital marketing
Over 100,000 people have attended our courses
Over 15,000 marketers have earned a professional certification with us
Members: £400 + VAT
Non-members: £450 + VAT
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Average rating 5Based on 5 reviews.
Find out more about this Copywriting for Web and Email course - simply fill out your details: