Understand how to develop, analyse, and turn customer insight into actions that create value both for your business, and for your customers
You will learn to:
- Understand how customer insight can increase value for both your business and your customers
- Identify and understand the sources of insight and how it delivers competitive advantage
- Plan the development of customer insight for your business, aligned with marketing strategy
- Translate insight into specific, value-creating marketing actions
- Use improved insight to measure your marketing success
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for marketers or managers with responsibility for developing and implementing a customer insight strategy.
Training Course Content
The meaning of insight and its relationship with business success
- The evolution of marketing and how insight needs to move with it
- The influence of digital on data (quality, quantity, speed etc.)
- The influence of digital on marketing decisions (product, price, channel, communication etc.)
- Relationship between insight and knowledge management
What customer insight covers
- How many users and customers have you got? What is their value? What services/product do they buy/use?
- Where do they come from? What is their journey like? What causes them to come, or to leave? How often do they come into contact with you? With your competitors? When do they get in touch?
- Who are they? What is their history of interactions with you? From which devices/sites/apps? Is there a pattern? How do they compare with other users? What is their attitude towards your channels and brands?
Developing customer insight
- The main sources of offline insight - CRM, brand, product, channel analytics, research
- Sources of online insight - web and app data and its analysis; social insight
- Insight from partnerships - distributors, aggregators and affiliates
- How analysis turns data into insight, and how this varies on and offline; how to create combined insight
- Integrating multichannel data to produce a picture of multichannel journeys
Applications of customer insight
- Managing and optimising the online/offline marketing mix
- Using insight for testing
Planning and managing your insight capability and activity
- The stages of development of insight - a maturity model
- The diffusion cycle for analytical and insight innovations
- Identifying where you are and where you need to be and prioritising the development of insight
- Developing a feasible, cost-effective, innovative, future-proof competitive plan
- Processes for managing customer insight - day to day and strategically
- Governance and data quality management
- Main types of solution in data management and analytics
- Integrating solutions
- Where are you now?
- What are your priorities?
- How to meet them
The cost of this course is £599 + VAT per participant. A 15% discount for IDM and DMA members.
Course fees include a full lunch and refreshments throughout the day - all special dietary requirements can be met.
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Find out more about this Customer Insight course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!