IDM Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing(PG Dip DigM)
This is a course for ambitious marketers looking to develop digital strategy capabilities that will drive personal and business success. Equivalent to Level 7 qualification (Masters Degree).
During your Postgraduate Diploma in Digital, you will learn to:
- Understand how strategic digital planning reduces campaign costs while increasing return on investment
- Confidently develop strategic recommendations that improve customer experiences
- Understand how actionable and accountable integrated communications plans drive results
- Systematically analyse and optimise campaigns to develop efficient attribution models
Send an information request to learn about the B2B specialism available.
Intensive – Central London
3 x 3 day face-to-face sessions which take place at the IDM offices in Central London. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Part-time - Central London
11 x 1 face-to-face sessions. Afternoon/evening classes (17.30-21.00) run once a fortnight for 11 weeks. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Choose the Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing to lead on the development, application and management of digital marketing strategy.
Recommended for more senior professionals with a few years' experience who want to gain a professional marketing qualification working at a strategic level
Training Course Content
This programme is the equivalent to a level 7 qualification or to Master’s Degree level and is made up of 11 modules
Module 1: Digital Enterprise
Learning objective: To understand the transformative role of digital marketing to organisations and its markets and be able to develop a customer-centric planning framework.
- Understanding the need for a digitally transformed, customer-centric and media-neutral planning process that delivers outstanding CX and ROMI:
- A comprehensive analysis and evaluation of recent, current and developing market conditions
- Objectives that are clearly and realistically defined both in terms of business goals and marketing capabilities
- A strategy that identifies relevant target audiences and potential interactions on different pathways to purchase
- Tactical channel and content planning proposals together with details of actions and timings
- Integrated budgeting and forecasting proposals that evaluate campaign potential
Module 2: Understanding the complex consumer, company and competitor contexts
Learning objective: To be proficient at developing an objective and realistic view of the market context prior to developing an inspirational digital marketing strategy.
- Assessing and evaluating the Micro environmental factors that connect a company to its target markets
- Assessing the Macro factors that connect target markets to external contexts
- Using third-party research sources to help redefine continuously evolving marketing contexts and trends
- Evaluating the customer characteristics, behaviours and preferences that influence purchasing decisions
- Exploring how social channels support the development of customer relationships and build trust
- Developing a competitor benchmarking process
Module 3: Developing a compelling digital marketing strategy that drives audience selection, proposition development and customer engagement
Learning objective: To be able to identify and target different target audiences, create relevant and powerful propositions and build detailed models of segmented customer journeys on the pathway to purchase.
- Exploring the complex relationship between market insights, objective setting and strategy development
- Using data-driven segmentation and targeting techniques to help identify core characteristics and the channel preferences
- Developing powerful propositions that connect with specific target audience segments
- Developing segmented customer journey models that define the pathway to purchase
Module 4: Constructing and managing campaign finance
Learning objective: To help you develop a process for evaluating the cost-effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns and their performance in relation to business and marketing objectives.
- Understanding the principle processes involved in developing multi-channel digital marketing campaign budgets
- Exploring financial models and accounting definitions that support return on investment calculations
- Developing a performance management system that supports the continuous assessment of digital campaigns
- Building a comprehensive annual digital budgeting process that accounts for all continuous and campaign-related investment
- Identifying specific digital marketing KPIs and the importance of establishing ROI as the principle campaign control parameter
- Modeling customer lifetime value to establish how much you can afford to invest in recruiting new customers.
Module 5: Using digital channels to build brands
Learning objective: To enable you to take advantage of the opportunities offered by digital marketing to redefine brand value and experience in the hearts and minds of prospects and customers
- Understanding the value of establishing and defending a differentiating position in the market place
- Transitioning from customer engagement funnels to mutually beneficial customer experiences (CX)
- Developing a powerful online value proposition that improves acquisition, conversion and retention performance
- Building and engaging with customer communities using social platforms and content marketing techniques
- Understanding the impact of behavioural economics, social sharing and influencers on customer experience
- Monitoring, measuring and improving brand experience through the development of an engagement framework
Module 6: Increasing customer insight and optimising campaign performance
Learning objective: To improve your ability to persistently find and make use of customer insights that improve the performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- Developing a customer-centric data strategy that integrates data silos, analytics, tag management and DMPs
- Combining different data sources and analysis techniques to develop a deeper understanding of prospects and customers
- Using web analytics to improve knowledge of customer motivations, behaviour and preferences
- Using data to develop a Single Customer View that improves your understanding of past behaviour, past purchase and past preferences, to predict future purchasing intentions
- Developing customer value modelling and management systems base on lifetime value analysis to establish how much you can afford to invest in recruiting new customers
Module 7: Using CRM systems to develop increasingly relevant customer communications
Learning Objective: To develop your ability to evaluate and improve the management and relevance of customer communications through CRM systems.
- Evaluating and understanding the objectives and performance of existing customer relationship programmes and platforms
- How GDPR and PECR/ePrivacy regulations influence CRM decisions regarding the use personal data and their potential effects on CX
- Making the business case for improving customer retention and profitability through data-driven contact
- Specifying and developing an integrated CRM strategy that improves customer experience and drives operational productivity
- Analysing the value of customer retention and loyalty using RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary) and CRR (Customer Repeat and Redemption Rates), NPS
Module 8: Developing an integrated digital strategy
Learning objective: To help you take advantage of digital channel planning techniques, digital channel assessment processes and the means of developing a digitally-integrated approach
- The advantages of a digitally-integrated approach that uses the media-multiplier effect to improve overall campaign performance
- Developing an efficient customer and device-centric digitally-integrated strategy that aligns customer experience and business objectives
- Evaluating the potential of digital channel contribution to IMC sequencing and touchpoint optimisation
- Using digitally-integrated frameworks to define the role of digital channels within the marketing mix
- How digitally-integrated strategy, business systems, employees and suppliers combine to better serve the needs of customers, intensify relationships
Module 9: Developing a digital marketing testing strategy
Learning objective: To help you research and implement different options for the continuous optimisation of marketing activities.
- Setting goals for digital marketing campaigns in a complex market environment where understanding consumer goals and decision making processes is key to success
- How past campaign analysis helps optimse the way we assign digital marketing budgets to channels and devices
- Evaluating the tracking methods and full range of metrics that verify the effectiveness of digital campaigns in terms of clicks and customers
- How technology stacks, including: DMPs, cloud technology, AI, attribution modelling and CRO tools, improve the process of ad buying, selling, optimisation, reporting, analytics, measurement, content management and product inventory
- Why digital marketing is the perfect environment for developing AB/n, Multivariate and LPO (Landing Page Optimisation) testing programmes that systematically improve campaign performance
Module 10: Developing a digital transformation strategy to improve efficiency and customer experience and using marketing automation and programmatic workflows to engage with customer in real-time
Learning objective: To help you understand the extent to which digital transformation and marketing automation changes the way people, processes and technology deliver customer experience.
- How digital transformation changes the way we think about customers, competition, data, innovation, and value as parts of a combinatorial network
- Exploring different approaches to digital transformation and the factors that will shape the evolution of your digital transformation playbook
- Developing a roadmap to success that keeps the focus on customer experience
- How marketing automation systems (MAS) act as force multipliers for digital marketing campaigns
- Why AI gives marketing automation the power to identify and engage with infinitely variable customer journeys in real-time
- How data standards and quality drive marketing automation that is scalable, predictable, reproducible and sustainable
- Developing a centralised lead life-cycle model, engagement engine, and dynamic creative optimisation systems that trigger an automated response for every customer action or inactivity scenario
Module 11: Exploring the near-future of digital marketing
Learning objective: Develop personal insights into how digital marketing will continue to constantly change the way marketing and marketers work.
- How brands, agencies, journalists and researchers see the future of digital marketing from different perspectives that are useful to marketers
- Exploring which brand, agency and technology investment trends are most likely to signal significant changes in digital marketing enterprise culture
- How agency/client work practices are evolving as we move to data-driven, real-time consumer engagement mode
- How technologies such as AI, AR, NFC IoT and Blockchain will change customer experiences in ways that are hard to imagine
- How combining the best of marketing automation with human inspiration is the key to increased personal and business productivity in digital marketing
The cost of this qualification programme is £3,475 + VAT per delegate for Face to Face and £2,995 + VAT per delegate for Online, plus £275 exam fee
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Find out more about this IDM Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!