IDM Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligent Marketing - ONLINEInstitute of Data & Marketing
IDM Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligent Marketing - ONLINE
Drive your leadership skills forward and become an intelligent marketing leader who can successfully develop and manage an effective marketing division in a digital world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This diploma is ideal for senior digital marketers and demonstrates your commitment to staying ahead. Professionals will leave the programme able to make strategic decisions, recruit digital teams and meet business objectives with confidence.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
During the Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligent Marketing, you will learn to:
- Be an intelligent marketing leader:
- Use the data you have to understand your customers and put them at the heart of your business
- Improve the effectiveness of your marketing communications
- Develop effective marketing strategies
- Build the marketing team you need now and for the future
Training Course Content
An introduction to intelligent marketing
Understand the drivers for effective marketing in a demanding, data-rich, overly saturated marketing environment.
- What is Intelligent marketing?
- What is a strategic approach?
- The omnichannel approach
- The importance of customer-first marketing
- The importance of data in marketing
Understanding the marketing landscape
Gain an informed, objective and realistic perception of the marketing environment, in preparation for developing a forward-looking omni-channel marketing strategy.
- Assessing the marketplace
- Assessing the macro environment
- Knowing your customers and prospects
- Competitor benchmarking
- Intermediary assessment and partner management
- Internal Analysis
- Performing a digital audit
- Completing the SWOT analysis
Create an effective strategy by using data to identify and target different audiences, using relevant and powerful propositions and building detailed models of segmented customer journeys on the pathway to purchase.
- Developing a compelling marketing strategy
- Defining SMART objectives to shape strategy
- Understanding the importance of customer targeting
- Using research, data & insight to inform your marketing strategy
- Designing propositions to connect with audiences
- Mapping the customer journey to improve effectiveness
Develop a process for evaluating the cost-effectiveness of your digital marketing campaigns and their performance in relation to your business and marketing objectives.
- Develop an effective budget
- Developing financial models
- Creating and managing annual budgets
- Creating and managing campaign budgets
- Calculating the Lifetime Value (LTV) of your customers
To enable you to take advantage of the opportunities offered by digital marketing to redefine brand value and experience in the hearts and minds of prospects and customers.
- Branding in the digital environment
- Developing your online value
- Building communities
- Measuring engagement
- Developing effective propositions
Enhance your ability to consistently find and make use of customer insights that improve the performance of your marketing activity.
- Understanding customer data
- Developing a customer data strategy
- Creating a Single Customer View
- Developing your approach to profiling, segmentation and targeting
- Profiling your data
- Segmenting your customers
- Improving your targeting strategies
Managing integrated communications
Take advantage of campaign planning techniques and channel assessment processes to develop an integrated approach to your marketing activity.
- Developing an integrated approach to planning
- Advancing your communications and customer experience
- Managing integrated campaigns
- Creating a media-neutral consumer-centric approach
- Exploring Amazon's approach to Integrated Communications Planning (IMC)
Optimising channel effectiveness
From targeting and measuring and reviewing creative, to understanding how to embrace the technological opportunities, learn everything you need to know to set up your team to deliver effective marketing campaigns.
- Developing your approach to campaign planning
- Advancing your campaign targeting
- Establishing the media strategy
- Improving approaches to creative messaging
- Optimising intra-media scheduling
- Amplifying your test and learn strategies
- Measuring multi-channel marketing and media attribution
Customer Relationship management (CRM)
Incorporate CRM activities into your practices to drive customer first communication strategies, including integrated communications, personalisation and permission marketing.
- Developing your approach to CRM
- Creating an integrated CRM strategy
- The principles of permission marketing
- Developing personalised contact strategies
- Managing customer preferences
- Analysing the value of customer interactions
Leading innovation and successful transformation
From digital transformation to organisational design and leadership, learn to operate your marketing function for success.
- Identifying digital transformation priorities
- Leading organisational change
- Designing agile organisational structures
- Leading people through transformation
- Managing external agencies and partners
- Developing processes to drive success
- Technology transformation planning
Course delivery details
Enjoy the flexibility of accessing the Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligent Marketing, devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months.
Registration opens on the 1st of the month but you can register and start up to 4 weeks after this date.
To support your studies
Every delegate has an online learning account which includes:
- eLearning modules on the key digital channels
- Online course materials
- Best practice guides from DMA councils on topics like social media, data, etc.
- Case studies from DMA Awards winners
- Links to industry leading blogs, whitepapers and websites.
Delegates are automatically enrolled as IDM members, giving access to events and a free Euromonitor subscription for the latest consumer research (worth £170 pa)
Exams and assessments
In order to attain the Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligent Marketing you must successfully pass two assignments and one exam. You will also need to submit a professional practice report.
- You will have six weeks to complete each assignment and three hours to complete the exam
- You will have three weeks to submit your professional practice report
- Exams take place in April and September
Pass marks and grades
To pass you will need a minimum of 45% in each assignment and the exam.
To obtain a CREDIT you must pass both papers and achieve an overall average of 60%.
For a DISTINCTION you must pass both papers and exam with a grade of 70%.
Assignment marks are weighted.
Why choose Institute of Data & Marketing
Over 30 years experience as a leading awarding body for qualifications in data & digital marketing
Over 100,000 people have attended our courses
Over 15,000 marketers have earned a professional certification with us
Members: £2505 + VAT
Non-members: £2950 + VAT
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Find out more about this IDM Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligent Marketing - ONLINE course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.