IDM Professional Certificate in GDPR
This award winning professional qualification course provides DPOs and senior marketing managers with a solid working knowledge of the practical implications of the GDPR. Validated by the DMA.
During your Qualification you will gain:
- A solid working knowledge of the practical implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to help you avoid heavy fines and damage to your business’ reputation
This Certificate programme was awarded the Memcom 2018 Best Training or Accreditation Initiative and has been developed in partnership with the DMA Legal Team, DMA Responsible Marketing Committee and the GDPR External Working Party.
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Data Protection Officers (DPOs) for marketing companies and senior marketing managers across private, public, not-for-profit, charity and Government sectors. All employees who are directly accountable for Data Protection within their organisations.
Training Course Content
Module 1: Introduction to GDPR
- Understand how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will affect processing outside of the EU
- Recognise how the new GDPR was developed by EU lawmakers
- How will the new law be enforced?
- Key definitions and scope
- The global scope of the new legislation
- Who is affected by the Regulation and what are the responsibilities?
Module 2: The principles of GDPR
- The concepts behind the principle of Accountability
- What the principle of accountability will mean to your businesses
- The use of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) tools to measure accountability
- The role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) to keep checks on accountability
- The importance of keeping records of processing activities
Module 3: The requirements for consent
- What valid consent is under the GDPR
- When organisations must use consent
- When consent is not appropriate
- Key practical changes to make to your consent statements
- How long consent lasts for
Module 4: Legitimate interests
- What is it?
- How to conduct the balancing test
- Relevant examples of use and risk mitigations
Module 5: Automated processing, including profiling
- Definition and the 3 types of profiling
- What are the specific requirements and conditions?
Module 6: Individuals rights under GDPR and information to be given to data subjects under GDPR
- Right to object
- Access to data & right to rectification
- Right to be forgotten & right to erasure
- Data minimisation
- Right to data portability
- Article 13: Information to be provided where personal data are collected from the data subject
- Article 14: Information to be provided where personal data have not been obtained from the data subject
Module 7: Good data governance, data security and cloud computing
- Role of a Data Protection Officer
- Conducting a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Conducting a Data Protection Compliance Review (DPCR)
- How to undertake risk minimisation measures
- Data retention
- Staff training
- Understand data security risks
- Ability to pursue confinement and data minimisation strategies
- What are the changes to contracts under GDPR ISO27001 overlap
- Cloud, computing considerations
- Mobile technologies
- Data leakage monitoring
Module 8: Action planning
- Preparing an action plan for pre-implementation
- Designing a ‘security aware’ culture
- Managing data in a structured way
The cost of this training course £1,995 + VAT per delegate
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Find out more about this IDM Professional Certificate in GDPR course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!