Fundamentals of Risk Management
This two-day Fundamentals of Risk Management (FoRM) course provides a robust introduction of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and the ISO 31000 risk management standard. The course covers both theoretical and practical perspectives.
The Fundamentals of Risk Management training course discusses risk as a concept, its potential impact on an organisation and how risk management can be applied and sustained. Throughout the Fundamentals of Risk Management course, you will explore the practical processes involved in identifying, and evaluating internal and external risks to an organisation. Response and reporting procedures, such as auditing, compliance and governance will be covered.
We also run this course in person in London at the IRM head office as it is one of the most popular courses we offer.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Fundamentals of Risk Management course is suitable for any professional involved in managing risk in their organisation.
It is of particular benefit to:
- Business leaders
- Executives and heads of departments
- Accountants, auditors, brokers, consultants, insurance managers, project managers, safety practitioners and solicitors
- Anyone taking up a new role in risk management or wishing to enter the profession
- Practitioners requiring a refresher on recent developments in risk management
- Students studying or those about to embark on IRM's International Certificate in Risk Management
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the Fundamentals of Risk Management course, delegates are given a Certificate of Completion.
They will then be able to progress on to IRM's International Certificate in Risk Management qualification at a discounted price.
Training Course Content
Fundamentals of Risk Management Course content includes:
- How risk management can assist organisations to achieve their objectives
- The benefits of risk management and its relationship with corporate governance, social responsibility, sustainability and organisational prosperity
- The types of risk exposure typically faced by an organisation and the concepts of opportunity and downside risk
- External influences such as markets and regulation
- ISO 31000 and risk management principles, framework and process
- The skills to assess risk effectively and to select appropriate risk treatment techniques
- How risk management should be organised and its relationship with boards, audit and other business functions
- The importance of culture, communication, incentives and behaviour in an effective risk management structure
Average rating 5
It was excellent to bounce off the other delegates on the course and learn from their experiences or knowledge as the training re-affirmed and further developed my background kn...
Course fees are:
- IRM members: £700 + VAT
- Non-members: £800 + VAT
The IRM also delivers this course in-house for groups, teams and companies.
IRM - Risk Management Training & Qualifications - Open or Distance Learning
The Institute of Risk Management (IRM) is the leading body for professional Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). We provide globally recognised qualifications and training, publish research and guidance and set professional standards. We are a not-for-profit organisation, with IRM members working in all...