Practical Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerance
This risk management training course discusses the purpose and balance of risk appetite and risk tolerance in an organisation. The course is delivered over 2 days and provides a framework for defining the specific categories of risk for an organisation and determining the ideal level of risk to engage in.
As regulatory environments grow harsher in many countries, risk appetite and tolerance become increasingly important business tools. The course addresses this and explains how to implement an effective risk appetite framework in your organisation. You will also learn to:
- Explain the differences between risk appetite, risk tolerances and thresholds
- Develop a risk appetite framework and supporting governance processes
- Develop risk appetite metrics and trigger levels for action
- Customise and use risk appetite within your organisation's ERM framework
- Establish key risk and control indicators based on the risk appetite metrics
- Gain board and executive level buy-in for formalising the organisation’s risk appetite
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This risk management training course is ideal for professionals wishing to explore the dynamic between risk appetite and tolerance and the potential impacts on an organisation. The course will help professionals design and implement an effective risk appetite framework in their organisation.
Training Course Content
This training course will cover the following topics:
- The basic concepts and links between risk appetite, governance and corporate performance
- The impact of organisational strategy on risk appetite
- How to define risk appetite, tolerance and thresholds
- Applying risk appetite techniques to overcome challenges and establish monitoring tools
- Developing key risk indicators and key control indicators based on the risk appetite metrics
- Managing and developing a risk appetite framework and programme to add value to strategic decision making
- Establishing roles and ownership for risk appetite
Average rating 5
"The course has brought a whole new lease of life to risk management within our organisation. Already business units are more engaged and have made plans to use the techniques e...
Course fees are:
- IRM members: £700 + VAT
- Non-members: £800 + VAT
The IRM also delivers this course in-house for groups, teams and companies.
IRM - Risk Management Training & Qualifications - Open or Distance Learning
The Institute of Risk Management (IRM) is the leading body for professional Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). We provide globally recognised qualifications and training, publish research and guidance and set professional standards. We are a not-for-profit organisation, with IRM members working in all...