Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3
This Food Hygiene/ Food Safety Level 3 course is essential for anybody wanting to advance their career in the Catering and Hospitality sectors. The course is also ideal for people running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
This is one of our biggest selling courses and we have a 100% success rate!
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Food Safety/Hygiene course should be taken by Managers and Supervisors in all Catering and Hospitality businesses. You should also take this course if you own a business in either of the Catering or Hospitality sectors.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Is this course accredited and recognised?
Yes, this Food Safety/Hygiene course is fully approved by both IIRSM and CPD. Employers universally accept this qualification. You will be able to instantly download and print your certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course.
By the end of this Food Hygiene/ Food Safety course you will be able to:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from food premises for it to be food-safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have an awareness of the relevant food hygiene legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
Training Course Content
We build our courses so that you're able to better retain what you learn. This Food Safety/Hygiene course is divided into 17 easy to follow interactive modules with a ‘knowledge checker’ after each topic. It includes a multiple-choice test at the end. The course covers the following:
- Introduction to Supervising Food Safety/ Food Hygiene
- Food Safety Legislation
- Food Contamination
- Controlling Contamination
- Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Illness
- Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Temperature Control
- Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
- Food Preservation
- Premises and Equipment Design
- Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Staff
- Implementing a Food Hygiene Management System
- Food Hygiene Management Tools
Course delivery details
This Food Safety/Hygiene for Catering Level 3 course is accessed through a dedicated learner portal, and you will be instantly provided with the easy to use login details. The course is divided into bite-sized modules with a short quiz at the end of each. Once you have progressed through each of the modules, you can access a Test which consists of multiple-choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Once you have passed the course, you can instantly download and print your certificate.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our Food Safety/Hygiene course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
We are a team of people passionate about creating awesome learning experiences that educate and entertain learners. Our approach to producing online courses which are rich in the latest e-learn technology plus excellent content from our specialists has resulted in our...
Average rating 5Based on 26 reviews.
Find out more about this Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3 course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!