Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Commodity Options
Advanced Commodity Options - a 1-day open course in banking and investment by Intercontinental Exchange
This course is highly practical and utilises real-world examples and real-world trading tools to address challenges. Flexibility is at the core of this course in order to help delegates draw expertise to solve issues and discuss scenarios that crop up in their role. Delegates will explore option strategies at select points throughout the session.
Delegates will benefit the most from this open course with some background knowledge of options such as an understanding of intrinsic/time value, delta, volatility, etc.,
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for:
- Professionals working in the commodity market, trading companies and other individuals who would like a more advanced understanding of commodity options and their uses
- Risk management and financial departments of commodity producer and commodity trading companies
- Commodity supply and distribution companies
- Major commodity consuming businesses
- Trading companies, banks, brokers, government, regulators and associated organisations
Training Course Content
Introductory Q&A session to establish delegates existing option knowledge
- Fundamentals of volatility; definitions, types, etc.
- Calculating implied volatility in practice
- Mathematical interpretation of volatility
- Volatility skew analysis
- Trading volatility
- Volatility in practice
Managing Option Risk:
- Macro level option risk management; generalised rules
- Q&A session
The cost of this course is £850 + VAT. Bespoke on-site training is available as a flexible alternative to scheduled courses. Enquire for an in-house training quote.
Provider: Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange - Open Courses in Commodities and Financial Markets
Intercontinental Exchange's diverse markets span futures and options on interest rates, commodities, indexes and FX, as well as equities and equity options. These markets are relied upon by international market participants, along with our post-trade infrastructure. ICE is uniquely positioned...