Counselling and Psychology Distance Learning Course
This distance learning Counselling and Psychology course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills required of a qualified counsellor. With the opportunity to interact with and learn from industry-experienced, expert tutors, participants will receive a relevant, comprehensive education. Exclusively online delivery allows participants to benefit from the following:
- Study a course that was designed together with qualified counsellors
- Study at their own pace, whenever and wherever
- No assignment deadlines
- Complete the course in months or over 3 years
- Gain access to an industry expert tutor
- Spare the commute and save time
Course length and study mode
This course is available in the following three levels. The average time within which students complete studies is:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Counselling and Psychology Course is best suited to individuals who aspire to become a qualified counsellor.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course is available at either Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- A graduation certificate which recognises successful completion of studies and qualifications as a counsellor
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipCouns
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
ICI is recognized by Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists, and Hypnotherapists (ACCPH). ACCPH is an independent professional body and register for people in the counselling and psychology professions. ICI graduates may apply to the ACCPH for membership.
Training Course Content
This Counselling and Psychology course will include the following material:
- Counselling Skills
- The counselling Practice
- Interview Techniques and Questioning
- Facilitating Solutions
- Problem Solving
- Counselling Approaches
- Mental Health
- Welfare Practice
- Communications Techniques
- Ethics and the Counselling Practice
The cost of this Counselling and Psychology Course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
Participants have the opportunity of paying in instalments as little as £25 per week. All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Get some inspiration and learn more about the benefits of a career in Counselling. Watch ICI's video!
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!