Horticulture Distance Learning Course - Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma Levels
This distance learning Horticulture course is designed to provide participants with the practical skills which are essential to starting a professional career in garden design, landscaping or managing a related venture.Grounded in the practical insight provided by garden design & horticulture specialists and professionals horticulture and delivered entirely online, participants will benefit from the following:
- A practical, relevant curriculum, developed together with industry specialists
- Self-paced study - study anytime, anywhere
- No assignment deadlines
- Complete the course in months or in up to 3 years
- Gain access to a tutor working in the Horticulture industry
- Skip the commute and save time
Course length and study mode
This course is available in three levels of achievement. The average time within which students complete studies is:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks,
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks,
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Horticulture course is ideally suited to individuals and professionals with a practical enthusiasm and desire to begin a career in horticulture, garden design, landscaping.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course is available as either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level course.
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive:
- A graduation certificate which recognises successful completion of studies and qualifications as a horticulture
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipHort
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
Training Course Content
This Horticulture course will include the following content:
- Plant Propagation
- Plant Protection
- Landscaping & Garden Design
- Cut Flower Growing
- Horticultural Technology
- Organic Plant Growing
- Ornamental Horticulture
- Grounds Management
- Nature Park Management
The cost of this Horticulture, Gardening and Design course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
- Pay up-front and receive a 10% discount
- Pay in instalments as low as £25 per week
Included in Course Fees
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
Industry based tutor assisting delegates with their course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!