Hospitality & Hotel Management Distance Learning Course
This distance learning Hospitality and Hotel Management course is designed to provide participants with the management and customer service skills required to succeed in a hospitality management career. Developed by industry professionals, this course covers a range of topics such as hotels, resorts, cruise ships, private / corporate owned restaurants and special catering events. With exclusively online delivery, participants will benefit from the following:
- Self-paced study - study anytime, anywhere
- No assignment deadlines
- Complete the course in months or in up to 3 years
- Gain access to a tutor working in hospitality management
- Skip the commute and save time
Course length and study mode
This course is available in three levels of achievement. The average time within which students complete studies is:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks,
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks,
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Hospitality & Hotel Management course is ideally suited to individuals who seek to gain the key management and service skills required to begin a career in Hotel and Hospitality Management.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course is available as a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level course.
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive:
- A graduation certificate which recognises successful completion of studies and qualifications as a hotel and hospitality manager
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipHHMgt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
Training Course Content
This Hospitality & Hotel Management course will include the following content:
- The Hotel Industry, The Scope of the Industry, The Firm in the Hotel and Catering Industry, Hotel Management, Planning, Policy
- Organisation of the Hotel Workplace
- Organisation, The Nature and Purpose of Organisation, The Mechanistic View of Organisation, The Human Relations View of Organisation, The Systems Approach to Organisation, Organisation Structure, The Informal Structure, Hotel Organisation
- Staff Management in Hotels
- Work Charts, Communication and Coordination, Staff Management, Monitoring Workloads and Work Procedures, Authority/Chain of Command, Career Structure
- Control Systems
- Sources and Storage of Information, Creating and Maintaining Information, Creating and Maintaining Control Systems, Types of Control, Production Control, Quality Control, Sales Control, Labour Utilisation Control, Materials Control, Maintenance Control, Financial Control, Setting Standards and Corrective Action, Work Study, Organisation and Methods
- Front Desk Management (Reception)
- The Functions of the Front Office, Customer Service, Dealing with Grievances & Complaints, Understanding Communication, Conversation Development, Using the Telephone, Business Letters, Promotions and Customer Relations, Client Interpersonal Skills, Self Esteem & Reinforcement, etc
- Servicing Rooms and General Cleaning
- Service Equipment, Direct Purchase of Hire of Equipment, Linen: Purchase or Hire, Choice of Fabrics, Structure and Properties of Fibres, Linen Room Organisation
- Building and Facility Management
- Daily, Periodic and Planned Preventative Maintenance, Frequent Maintenance Problems, Safety, Furniture, Fittings, Managing Maintenance, Building Maintenance, Toilets and Locker Rooms
- Activities Management
- Tour desk, gymnasium, events (eg. Weddings, balls etc), In house Services, Recreation Facilities, Guest Information Services, Swimming Pools, Spa & Sauna Facilities, Activities Management, Tourism
- Food Service
- Types of Food Service (eg. Room Service, Bar, Restaurant, Coffee Shop etc), Kitchen Design & Equipment, Service Facilities, Food Service Management, Food Purchasing, Dealing with Complaints
The cost of this Hospitality & Hotel Management course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
- Pay up-front and receive a 10% discount
- Pay in instalments as low as 325 per week
Included in Course fees
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!