Pet Care & Vet Assistant Distance Learning Course
This Pet Care & Vet Assistant Distance Learning course is ideal for anyone looking to transform their interest in animal health into a rewarding career as a professional Pet Care or Vet Assistant.
The distance learning programme gives students the opportunity to learn from qualified professionals to improve their understanding and skills in a range of key topics, including:
- Animal health issues, injuries and illnesses
- Veterinary office administration & management
- Animal anatomy and physiology
- Animal handling and transportation
- Animal & pet training
Candidates can choose to complete the course at Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma Level, freeing up valuable time with a flexible schedule that allows them to study at their own pace. With no fixed assignment deadlines, students are thus free to work through the course material and complete their studies in the time period that best suits their learning style, as well as their other professional and personal commitments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Pet Care & Vet Assistant Course is ideal for those looking to develop their skills and embrace professional responsibilities related to the veterinary care profession.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This Pet Care & Vet Assistant course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a pet care professional / VET assistant
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipACr
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to animal and veterinary health care
- Animal health issues, illness and injuries
- Illness and disease identification and treatment
- Veterinary office management and administration
- Risk and safety management in animal care settings
- Animal first aid and injuries
- Preventative health care
- Pet / animal rehabilitation and nursing
- Routine health care treatments
- Anatomy and physiology
- Animal behaviour, perception and communication
- Animal genetics
- Animal social and instinct behaviours
- Animal handling and transportation
- Behavioural and abnormal animal behaviours
- Pet / Animal training
Why choose International Career Institute
98% happy with tutorial support
91% would recommend to a friend
Free careers service
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Find out how rewarding a career in veterinary and animal care can be. Watch the course teaser!
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!