Professional Nanny Distance Learning Course
This Professional Nanny Distance Learning Course is an ideal stepping stone to entering the highly rewarding home-based childcare industry, providing you with a comprehensive set of relevant insights and skills.
The distance learning programme was designed with the input of other industry professionals and covers the following key areas:
- responding to young people and children at risk
- ensure the health & safety of children
- child psychology and child development
- children's play and learning
Students can work through the course units at their own pace, completing the relevant assignments when they feel ready to achieve either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma Level qualification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Professional Nanny Course is designed for professionals who want begin a career in home-based childcare.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipPN
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
This course covers the following units:
Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- What is child abuse?
- Protecting the child
- Report indications of possible risk of harm
- Apply ethical and nurturing practices in working with children
Ensure the health and safety of children
- Maintain a clean and hygienic environment
- Recognise and respond to signs of potential illness
- Provide a safe environment
- Supervise the safety of children
- Travel with children safely
- Administer medication within guidelines
- Manage and respond to allergy / anaphylaxis
Provide care for children
- Provide physical care
- Create opportunities for children to develop their understanding of physical needs
- Establish an environment that encourages children to complete tasks themselves
- Respond to the emotional needs of children
Contribute to provision of nutritionally balanced food
- Childhood nutrition
- Encouraging healthy eating
- Planning nutritious menus
- Safe food handling
Support the development of children
- Support the physical development of children
- Support the social development of children
- Support the emotional and psychological development of children of the same age
- Support the language, creative & cognitive development of children
Interact effectively with children
- Communicate positively with children on an ongoing basis
- Promote positive behaviour
- Collaborate with children about their interests
- Support children in learning about the decision-making process
Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Children's play and leisure
- Developmentally appropriate play activities
- Facilitate children's play and leisure
Develop understanding of children’s interests and developmental needs
- Gather information about the child through observation
- Gather information about the child from secondary sources
- Record observation of interests and needs appropriately
- Use observations and information gathered to understand the child and contribute to program planning
First aid and OHS processes
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!