Public Relations Distance Learning Course
This Public Relations Distance Learning Course provides a fast, flexible and effective route to developing the skills necessary to succeed in the public relations (PR) industry.
Beginning with an introduction to public relations, the course includes units focusing on:
- the functions of a PR specialist
- career & skills development for PR professionals
- freelancing & starting a PR company
- finding clients
Delivered entirely by distance learning, the programme can be completed flexibly with the support of an experienced tutor. Average completion time ranges from 14 weeks for the Certificate Level to 31 weeks for the Advanced Diploma Level.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Public Relations Distance Learning Course is suitable for those aiming for a position in Public Relations (PR) or the press department of an organisation.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a PR Professional
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipPR
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
Introduction to Public Relations
- What Is Public Relations?
- How Public Relations Differs from Advertising or Marketing
- Benefits of a Public Relations Career
The Functions Public Relations Specialist
- PR Roles
- Creating a Public Relations Plan
- Media Relations
- Developing a Media List
- Distributing Your Information
- Public Relations Techniques
- Writing a Press Release
- Developing the Media Kit
- Feature Articles
- News Conferences
- Special Events
- Other Techniques
- Crisis Communication
- Internet Public Relations
- Monitoring the situation
- Building a Website
Career & Skills Development
- Gaining Marketable Experience
- Types of Employers
- Corporate and High Tech
- Public Relations Agencies
- Market Trends
- Preparing a Portfolio
- Job Hunting
- Advertised Positions
- Unadvertised Positions
- The Interview
- What Employers Are Looking For
- How to Make a Good First Impression
- Interview Questions
- Researching the Company
- Unconventional Ways to Break In
Freelancing/Starting Your Own Public Relations Agency
- Is Self-Employment for You?
- Develop a Business Plan
- Create a Marketing Plan
- Develop an Action Plan
- Setting Up Your Office
- Financial Matters
- Setting Your Rates
- Contracts and Letters of Agreement
- Getting Paid
- Types of Clients
- Marketing Your Services
- Promoting Yourself
- Preparing Proposals
- Responding to Inquiries
- First Meeting with a New Client
- Serving Clients
- Working with Subcontractors and Vendors
- Hiring Help
- Differences Between Employees and Contractors
Why choose International Career Institute
98% happy with tutorial support
91% would recommend to a friend
Free careers service
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
e-learning / Online / Distance
e-learning / Online / Distance
Open / Scheduled