Retail Management Distance Learning Course
This Retail Management Distance Learning Course provides you with the skills needed to to effectively manage a retail outlet.
Developed in conjunction with major retailers, it tackles a range of key areas and techniques that will help you achieve success in this fast-paced sector, including:
- managing financial resources
- overseeing store operations
- marketing & sales techniques
- human resources
- leadership & management skills
The distance learning programme can be completed at three different levels: Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma. It is completed in an average time of between 14 and 31 weeks (depending on the level chosen), but gives students the complete flexibility to progress at their own pace for a period of up to 3 years.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Retail Management Course is suitable for people who aim to manage a retail outlet, and start challenging careers as Retail Managers, Operations Managers, Merchandise Managers, Retail Buyers or Sales Managers.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a retail manager
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipRtlMngmt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
The course covers the following units:
Developing & Recognising Skills
- Implement staff training
- Assess workplace competencies
Leading & Managing People
- Lead and manage people
Managing Human Resources
- Provide a safe working environment
- Administer human resources policy
- Recruit and select personnel
- Manage financial resources
- Control store security/loss
- Control inventory
- Manage merchandise and store operations
- Manage sales and service delivery
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!