TESOL Distance Learning Course - Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
This TESOL Distance Learning Course has been designed in response to increasing demand for English language teachers across the world.
The Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages programme, also known as TEFL and TESL, allows students to fast track their career to teaching English as a second language. By using flexible distance learning delivery, this course gives them the complete freedom to progress and hand in assignments at their own pace, building progressively on their skills in a way that suits their learning style and other commitments.
By the end of the course, which can be taken at Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level, candidates will have the practical skills and theoretical knowledge necessary to begin a career in education or professional language training.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This TESOL Course is designed to assist professionals who want to begin a career in teaching and English language education.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a TESOL teacher
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipTESOL
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
This course covers the following training units:
- Teaching methods
- Classroom management
- English systems, skills and spelling
- Planning lessons
- Productive skills, speaking and writing
- Receptive skills, listening and reading
- Teaching grammar
- Teaching vocabulary, meaning and context
- Phonology of English, teaching pronunciation and the phonemic script
- Visual aids, activities and games
- Testing for the EFL - ESL student
- Culture and the EFL - ESL classroom
- Professional development and employment
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. You can study at home, in your own time, at your own pace. Designed...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!