Travel & Tourism Distance Learning Course
This Travel and Tourism Distance Learning Course has been developed in conjunction with experienced industry practitioners to deliver the key knowledge and inside secrets needed to excel the travel and tourism sector.
The extensive distance learning programme covers all of the fundamentals, beginning with a definition of tourism and an exploration of the tourism system. It then goes on to outline the historical development of tourism in terms of destinations, products and industry systems, followed by a range of more business-focused modules covering areas such as sales, communication, planning, socio-cultural impact and setting up a tourism business.
Students can choose to complete the course at three levels, which are completed in an average time of:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
With no assignment deadlines, they are however free to work through the course material at entirely their own pace for a period of up to 3 years.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Travel & Tourism Course is suitable for people who aim to start a successful career in the tourism industry.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a travel and tourism consultant, manager or operator
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipTT
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
The course covers the following units:
- Tourism Defined
- The Tourism System
- The Development of Tourism
- Tourist Destinations
- The Tourism Product
- The Tourism Industry
- Economic Issues in Tourism
- Socio-cultural and Environmental Impacts
- Tourism Planning
- Alternative Tourism
- The Future of Tourism
- Receive & Process Reservations
- Access & Interpret Product Information
- Sell Tourism Products Services
- Source & Provide Destination Information & Advice
- Communicating Effectively With Tourists
- Setting Up a Tourist Business
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. You can study at home, in your own time, at your own pace. Designed...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!