Wedding Planner Distance Learning Course - 3 different certification levels
This Wedding Planner Distance Learning Course delivers the knowledge and skills needed to plan truly memorable weddings that help you develop an established career as a wedding planner.
Developed in conjunction with senior industry professionals, the distance learning programme covers the tips and tricks of the wedding planning trade, providing students with an insider's perspective of what wedding planners do and how they achieve success. It focuses on a range of key topics such as location, catering, decorations, entertainment and transport, but also focuses on range of subjects related to setting up a wedding planning business. These include marketing, finance, contracts, office set-up and client meetings.
By the end of the course, students will thus have a comprehensive understanding of how to plan a successful wedding as well as how to manage a wedding planner business. Tough the flexible self-study format allows them to complete the material and exercises at their own pace, the average time taken to finish the course at the 3 levels offered is between 14 and 31 weeks.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Wedding Planner Course is suitable for those who aim to succeed in the wedding planning industry and gain an insider's viewpoint of what a wedding planner needs to do.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a Wedding Planner.
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipWP
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
An introduction to wedding planning
- The role of the wedding planner
- Personality matching
- How to get started
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses
- The planning process
- Create a wedding folder
The ceremony and location
- Religious versus civil ceremony
- The law relating to weddings
- Choosing a physical location
- Weddings abroad
- Once your clients have chosen a venue
The day of the event
- Wedding day
- Final timings
- Contingency plan
- Final details
- Follow up
People and their roles
- Bride and groom
- Maid of honour and best man
- Other attendants
- Priest and officiant
- Wedding staff
- The photographer
- Wedding catering
- Planning for a catered wedding
- Prospective caterer interview
- Food and drink
- The cake
Flowers and decorations
Invitations and gift lists
- Guest list
- Gift list
- Types of entertainment
- Music selection
- Calculating transport needs
- Style of transport
- Trial run or inspection
- Planning the schedule
- Stag and hen parties
- Choosing the wedding rings
- Customising the rings
- The ring exchange ceremony
- Last minute detail
Your first meeting with a client
- At the meeting
- Communication skills
- Proposal to client
Budgeting for your client's big day
- Need for making a budget
- Figuring costs
- Networking for value
- Working to deadlines
Setting up your business
- Your office at home / location
- What your office needs
- The tools you'll need
- Your business name
Marketing your business
- Marketing your wedding planning business
- How to look for work
- Advertising, marketing & networking
- Pricing your services
- Wedding contract components
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Find out how to start a career as a professional wedding planner and how this online course with ICI can help you!
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!