CPR & First Aid
CPR & First Aid
Learn how to save a life in our online training course. You never know when you'll find yourself in an accident or emergency health situation. When your action or inaction can mean the difference between life or death, it's important to always be prepared.
Even knowing the very basics of First Aid and CPR can help save a life, and it isn't complicated or hard to learn. Whether you require a CPR and First Aid certification for work, or just want to be prepared to help those in need, our online course will equip you with the tools and training you need to feel confident and ready to act. In this course, we will be teaching you practical tips and techniques used by the experts, however, this course will not provide you with a formal qualification to practice professionally it's a great starting off point. You will come away with all the tools and training you need to be prepared for most emergency situations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Everyone should take a First Aid and CPR class, and we make it convenient by bringing our virtual classroom to you in one easy course so you can learn at your own pace.
When faced head-on with an emergency, you may not have time to consult the internet, and you may not have equipment to reach out for help. It's usually lack of knowledge and confidence that makes people freeze in an emergency, but this training will empower you to spring to action using industry-approved techniques to safely administer treatment.
Our course combines technical knowledge and theory with hands-on application, so you won't just learn how to do something - you'll be able to adapt to the situation. This training is also applicable when you yourself need medical care, so you may just end up saving your own life. In a life or death situation, every second counts. You never know when this First Aid and CPR training will come in handy, so let's get you prepared today.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Training Course Content
In this online CPR and First Aid training, we'll cover:
- The history of CPR and First Aid and its evolution to modern techniques and practices
- The basics of First Aid, including wound treatment, creating a splint, treating shot, and administering injections
- The science behind CPR, so you understand how it works
- How to prepare for CPR, which includes learning to assess a situation and knowing the appropriate response
- Step-by step instruction to performing CPR using proper technique
Module 1: Introduction And History
- 1.1 – History of First Aid
- 1.2 – How First Aid has evolved
- 1.3 – History of CPR
- 1.4 – Success Rates
Module 2: First Aid Basics
- 2.1 – Cleansing and treating wounds
- 2.2 – Creating a splint
- 2.3 – Creating a tourniquet
- 2.4 – Treating someone in shock
- 2.5 – Administering injections
Module 3: The Science Of CPR
- 3.1 – Situations of need
- 3.2 – Physiology of CPR
- 3.3 – Making the decision
Module 4: Preparing For CPR
- 4.1 – Evaluate the situation
- 4.2 – Check for responsiveness
- 4.3 – Call for help
- 4.4 – Survey the area for helpful tools
Module 5: Performing CPR
- 5.1 – Head tilt, chin lift
- 5.2 – Clearing the airway
- 5.3 – Giving compressions
- 5.4 – Rescue breathing
- 5.5 – Using an AED
The cost of this course is £299 £19 + VAT per participant.
Exams and PDF Certificate already included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
International Open Academy
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!