Crochet For Beginners
What is an inexpensive and eco-friendly way to produce clothes and decor? Crocheting - a skill that’s fun and useful!
Who would have thought you could create so many beautiful things for you and your home with just one hook and some yarn? Crocheting is a great skill to have.
It's easy to start with our course by your side. You can get stuck in and make something straight away from a crocheted rug for your mug to a snug coat. Simply follow the clear step-by-step illustrations showing different crochet stitches and patterns to inspire you.
Start this satisfying and engrossing hobby where you can wrap yourself in beautiful sustainable clothes you've produced and decorate your home with incredible cushions, rugs and placemats.
Not only is it inexpensive, learning to crochet has many other positives, like:
Being meditative and mindful. The relaxed, repetitive motions when you crochet are calming and soothe away stress
Being creative. Make something meaningful for yourself or as thoughtful gifts for family and friends
It's sustainable and eco-friendly. Crocheting your own clothes is the complete opposite of the throwaway world of fast fashion and furnishings. You can even reuse old yarn to crochet something new
You can crochet anywhere. Keep your hook and yarn in your bag and start crocheting while waiting for appointments or any time you have a spare 5 minutes
Boost your confidence by producing something beautiful and unique with your own hands.
Learn to crochet by following the clear illustrations showing exactly what you should be doing.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- Everyone. It's a super boost to your confidence when you create something incredible yourself
- People who are stressed and seeking a mindful activity
- Anyone who wants a sustainable alternative to fast fashion and throwaway decor
- Anyone who seeks extra income can create beautiful items in super materials from luxurious silk to plant-based yarns
- Anyone who has or works with people with mental issues, depression or stress will find it soothing to crochet
- Knitters can find out why crochet is so on-trend right now
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you're already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
Training Course Content
- Everything a beginner needs to know how to crochet by following the clear and easy-to-use guide, patterns and tips in this course
- Different types of crochet hooks, how to hold your hook and how to hold the yarn
- How to crochet different types of stitches and see the effect each one has
- How to crochet a scarf, bag, cushion, mug rug, coat, lacy pillow and hats
Course delivery details
The course is valid for 90 days. You can purchase lifetime access for an additional £10.
International Open Academy
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!