Start Watercolor Painting
Start painting in stunning watercolors with this easy guide to the basic techniques and materials you need
Start painting in watercolors and create your own beautiful works of art by the end of this inspiring online course.
It can be daunting to face a blank canvas and start painting. What paper do you need? How many paints do you need and in what colors? Should I get the cheapest materials as a beginner?
Our course answers all these questions so you have exactly what you need to start watercolor painting.
You'll get plenty of hands-on experience once you've brushed up on watercolor techniques, composition, choosing and mixing colors, adding light, shade and shadows.
Use the exercises in the course to practice techniques and drawing objects. Putting all these techniques together, you paint your first watercolors, shown step-by-step including what colour paint to use and the size of your brush.
Confidently and skilfully put paint on paper and create incredible landscapes, seascapes, and waterscapes. Use these watercolor techniques to recreate your favorite holiday scene or dream destination.
Be inspired to turn the world around you into wonderful works of art. Fall in love with watercolor painting.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- Everyone - because everyone can learn to paint. The secret is time ;)
- Anyone who would love to start painting or wants to revisit the basics
- Anyone looking for an artistic and mindful hobby
- Anyone who wants to make a career out of art can learn to paint watercolors to sell their art online, in galleries or at craft fairs
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you're already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exams throughout the course
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
Training Course Content
- How to paint your first watercolor following the detailed step-by-step instructions in the course
- Find out which materials to use, what paper, paints and colors
- Essential watercolor techniques and how to use them
- Lots of exercises for you to practice as well as being shown how to draw objects like buildings, people and trees
- How to capture the world around you in a painting
Course delivery details
The course is valid for 90 days. You can purchase lifetime access for an additional £10.
International Open Academy
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Leisure / Fun Classes