IRCA OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor - In-house Training
Health & Safety Management - OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor Course - 5-day training
This highly interactive Health & Safety Management - OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor Course is ideal for those seeking to develop their professional auditing skills in planning, implementing and reporting effective audits in health and safety, providing an in-depth understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001:2007 model.
The programme is registered with the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and is designed not only to help people perform effective and value-adding audits, but also to develop their wider understanding of OHSAS health and safety management system design and implementation.
As it is a legal responsibility for a company to have developed its health and safety policy and arrangements, this course will help you to develop a thorough understanding of different types of audit and the practical skills required to plan, execute and report health & safety management systems audits.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor Course is aimed at health and safety professionals who wish to develop their auditing skills, as well as those who regularly assess the health and safety performance of 2nd and 3rd parties.
It is also essential for any serious health and safety practitioner with a responsibility to design, implement and manage a quality management system that meets the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007.
Those attending this course are expected to have knowledge of the following:
- Occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check Acto (PDCA) cycle
- The purpose and benefits of an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety (OH&S) through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
- A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in OHSAS 18001
This knowledge can be gained in a number of ways;
- Previous experience and existing knowledge
- Attending an IRCA OHSAS 18001 Foundation course* - or equivalent
- Reading or self-study
*If you would like to attend an CQI and IRCA Certified OHSAS 18001 Foundation course at a discounted price to help you prepare fro this Lead Auditor course please contact the provider.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of this course, including examination, delegates will be awarded an CQI and IRCA Certified certificate.
Successful completion of the course and the achievement of the 70% pass mark will satisfy the formal training requirements for those wishing to register as auditors or lead auditors with the IRCA.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following areas:
- Occupational Health & Safety Awareness
- Emergency preparedness
- Occupational Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Auditor skills and registration
- Overview of Health and Safety legislative requirements
- Auditing techniques
- Risk assessment methods (including HAZOP & HAZAN)
- Audit case study and role-play
- Roles and Responsibilities of auditors and audit leaders
- Nonconformity categorisation and reporting
- Audit planning, execution, reporting and follow-up
The cost of this course is £1,395 + VAT, inclusive of lunch and refreshments throughout the duration of the training.
IQMS can also deliver this course in-house to match your specific requirements.
IQMS has been specialising in the delivery of consultancy services, management systems training and auditor training courses for two decades. Throughout the years, the course training provider has expanded to deliver their public and in-house training programmes to many parts of...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for IQMS
Reviews by course attendees
To request information from IQMS, please fill out the form below.
N.B. Public courses are delivered in the UK only.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!