FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food - 3-Day Course
SAI Global has added to our training portfolio the only Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
approved training course to meet the Food Safety Modernisation Act (FSMA) requirements for food
processors. This course, Preventive Controls for Human Food, was developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) under a grant from the FDA and satisfies the requirement for exporters of Food or Food ingredients to the US.
This 3 day course will provide participants with the knowledge to allow them to develop their food safety plans to meet the new and enhanced FDA requirements of FSMA. As part of this requirement successful participants will become Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Representatives from organisations who export or are intending to export to the US are recommended to undertake this course. Specifically:
- Potential ‘Preventive Control Qualified Individuals’ Facilities that manufacture, process, pack or hold human food (21 CFR Part 117)
- Facilities required to register with FDA under Sec.415 of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act
- Personnel responsible for the implementation of food safety plans
Prior Knowledge: Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of food safety quality management systems and the food industry
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will acquire knowledge and understanding of the new rules as it relates to Human Foods
Control’ FSMA and the setting up of a food safety programme according to FDA requirements.
Participants will receive an official FSPCA course manual.
A certificate of completion issued by the International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI).
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Food Safety Plan Overview
- Good Manufacturing Practices and other Pre-requisite Programs
- Biological Food safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical and Economically Motivated Food safety Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Resources for Food safety Plans
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Process Preventive Controls
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Record Keeping Procedures
- Recall Plan
- Regulation overview cGMP
The cost of this course is £895 + VAT per participant. Contact the training provider via the request information form to learn more about the costs involved in this course.
Public and In-House Quality Management & Auditor Training Courses
IQMS has been specialising in the delivery of consultancy services, management systems training and auditor training courses for two decades. Throughout the years, the course training provider has expanded to deliver their public and in-house training programmes to many parts of...
To request information from IQMS, please fill out the form below.
N.B. Public courses are delivered in the UK only.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!