Games Development 101
The gaming industry has grown in leaps and bounds over the last two decades and has become one of the leading entertainment industries in the world today with this trend only predicted to continue. This has meant that there is an abundance of opportunities available to aspiring Games Developers who are looking to start a career in the industry.
Our Games Development 101 course bundle is designed to help you gain the skills that are needed to not only design your characters, but also animate and program them in a 2D hack and slash side scroller. The course is divided into three separate stages, each of which will bring you a step closer to your career as a Games Developer.
Stage one will focus on character design using traditional drawing techniques and teaches the basics of the Adobe Photoshop interface and features.
Stage two looks at the 12 principles of animation as used by Disney Animation Studios and guides you through the process of animating your character.
Stage three is where you will place your character into a hack and slash side scrolling game using the Unity games engine.
What you will learn:
- Traditional drawing practices
- Character design basics
- Adobe Photoshop interface and features
- The 12 principles of animation
- Rough Attack Keys using Pose to Pose
- Introduction to Unity
- Camera Controllers
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Character Design Course:
- Lesson 1: Researching your Hero Character
- Lesson 2: Developing your Hero Character Design
- Lesson 3: Using tablet pressure in Photoshop
- Lesson 4: Import your Hero Character for Scale and Clean-up
- Lesson 5: Sketching your Hero Character's Head
- Lesson 6: Inking your Hero Character
- Lesson 7: Designing your Hero Character's Costume
- Lesson 8: Painting your Hero Character
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Character Animation Course:
- Lesson 1: The 12 Principles of Animation
- Lesson 2: Skeleton Key Frames for Walk Cycle
- Lesson 3: Skeleton Inbetweens for Walk Cycle
- Lesson 4: Walk Cycle Solid Drawing Straight Ahead
- Lesson 5: Rough Attack Keys using Pose to Pose
- Lesson 6: Rough Attack Extremes using Pose to Pose
- Lesson 7: Rough Attack Breakdowns using Pose to Pose
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Game Development Course:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Unity
- Lesson 2: Game Objects
- Lesson 3: Components
- Lesson 4: API
- Lesson 5: Setting up a Unity project
- Lesson 6: Layers and Tags
- Lesson 7: Game space Object and Prefabs
- Lesson 8: Adding our Hero
- Lesson 9: Adding an Enemy
- Lesson 10: Collision
- Lesson 11: Camera Controllers
- Lesson 12: Adding Animations
- Lesson 13: Player Attack
- Lesson 14: Enemy Attack
- Lesson 15: Populating the Scene
- Lesson 16: Health Bar
- Lesson 17: Health Bottles
- Lesson 18: Main Menu
- Lesson 19: Pause, Win and Lose
- Lesson 20: Polishing and Debugging
- Lesson 21: Parallaxing
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Provider: ITonlinelearning Ltd
ITonlinelearning Ltd is a distance e-learning training provider that offers Project Managers and IT Professionals high-level self-study training and certification products at affordable prices. With their easy interest-free monthly payments option, the financial strain of investing in your education is...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for ITonlinelearning Ltd
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!