Games Development – Start Your Career Here
With the gaming industry maintaining the upward trend that it has displayed for decades now, opportunities within the industry are at an all-time high. This creates a chance for those that are looking to break into the industry to do just that and start a lucrative and rewarding career as a Games Developer.
With this course bundle, you will learn how to design and animate your hero character and place them into a 2D hack and slash side scrolling game. The course is divided into three sections, designed to guide you through the games development process one step at a time. These are as follows:
Stage one focuses on the design of your character utilising traditional drawing techniques. Here you will also learn about the primary interface and features of Adobe’s Photoshop.
Stage two will introduce you to the 12 principles of animation as used by Disney Animation Studios and will guide you through the process of animating your hero character.
Stage three is where you will learn how to program your character into the game using the Unity games engine, thereby completing your game’s creation.
What you will learn:
- Researching your hero character
- Using tablet pressure in Photoshop
- Import your Hero Character for Scale and Clean-up
- The 12 principles of animation
- Introduction to Unity
- Adding Animations
- Polishing and Debugging
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Character Design Course:
- Lesson 1: Researching your Hero Character
- Lesson 2: Developing your Hero Character Design
- Lesson 3: Using tablet pressure in Photoshop
- Lesson 4: Import your Hero Character for Scale and Clean-up
- Lesson 5: Sketching your Hero Character's Head
- Lesson 6: Inking your Hero Character
- Lesson 7: Designing your Hero Character's Costume
- Lesson 8: Painting your Hero Character
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Character Animation Course:
- Lesson 1: The 12 Principles of Animation
- Lesson 2: Skeleton Key Frames for Walk Cycle
- Lesson 3: Skeleton Inbetweens for Walk Cycle
- Lesson 4: Walk Cycle Solid Drawing Straight Ahead
- Lesson 5: Rough Attack Keys using Pose to Pose
- Lesson 6: Rough Attack Extremes using Pose to Pose
- Lesson 7: Rough Attack Breakdowns using Pose to Pose
Curriculum for the Games Dev 101 Game Development Course:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Unity
- Lesson 2: Game Objects
- Lesson 3: Components
- Lesson 4: API
- Lesson 5: Setting up a Unity project
- Lesson 6: Layers and Tags
- Lesson 7: Game space Object and Prefabs
- Lesson 8: Adding our Hero
- Lesson 9: Adding an Enemy
- Lesson 10: Collision
- Lesson 11: Camera Controllers
- Lesson 12: Adding Animations
- Lesson 13: Player Attack
- Lesson 14: Enemy Attack
- Lesson 15: Populating the Scene
- Lesson 16: Health Bar
- Lesson 17: Health Bottles
- Lesson 18: Main Menu
- Lesson 19: Pause, Win and Lose
- Lesson 20: Polishing and Debugging
- Lesson 21: Parallaxing
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no formal requirements to studying the Games Development 101 course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Provider: ITonlinelearning Ltd
ITonlinelearning Ltd is a distance e-learning training provider that offers Project Managers and IT Professionals high-level self-study training and certification products at affordable prices. With their easy interest-free monthly payments option, the financial strain of investing in your education is...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for ITonlinelearning Ltd
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!