Finance for Lawyers
Finance for Lawyers - 1-day course for non-financially trained legal professionals
Delivered over one day, this Finance for Lawyers course is designed to provide legal professionals with the skills needed to understand basic financial information and use financial indicators to develop a deeper understanding of their clients' businesses.
The 1-day course combines small group work with discussions and practical exercises to deliver a sound overview of the why, what and how of finance. Delegates will leave the course with:
- An understanding of key financial terms used by finance professionals
- An appreciation of how budgets are constructed, used and monitored
- The ability to make more effective financial decisions using investment appraisal techniques
- An understanding of the role of finance in a legal environment
In addition, the financial skills and knowledge gained will enable participants to better communicate with financially-trained professionals, reducing the risk of misunderstandings or conflict.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is aimed at non-financially trained legal professionals who work in or with finance and who feel that an understanding of how finance works in a business will give them some edge.
It is particularly beneficial for:
- Legal Executives
- In-house lawyers
- Business support staff
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key components of financial statements.
- Evaluate relevant financial information and interpret commonly used reports.
- Explain commonly used financial jargon and terminology.
- Identify the difference between ‘cash’ and ‘profit’ and why this matters.
- Contrast alternative approaches to budget preparation.
- Identify the key components of ‘working capital’ and recommend ways to improve its management.
- Make better financial decisions using basic investment appraisal techniques.
- Communicate better with the members of the finance team.
- Appreciate the importance of ethical and professional judgement
Training Course Content
This training programme is comprised of the following core modules:
- External Reporting
- Compositions of income and cash flow statements
- Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- Internal Finance
- Budgeting best practice
- Basic investment appraisal
The cost of this training course is £165 + VAT per delegate.
In-house Legal Training
Kaplan Altior will work in partnership with each company to design a product which meets their specific training needs. Experienced trainers are selected specifically for each firm and their unique requirements in order to deliver this programme in a safe environment and customised format. With no associated delegate travel costs, this is a highly cost effective and convenient solution for your staff training.
Provider: Kaplan Altior
Kaplan Altior have been providing training and consulting services to the legal profession for over 40 years. With a broad training portfolio, including CPD courses for solicitors, higher court advocates, barristers, paralegals, Professional Skills Course (PSC), Trainee Litigation Programme (TLP),...
Watch the video
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Finance for Lawyers course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!