Professional Skills Course - Financial & Business SkillsKaplan Altior
Professional Skills Course - Financial & Business Skills
Professional Skills Course - Financial & Business Skills - a 3-day training course by Kaplan Altior
This 3-day long module is an essential part of the Professional Skills Course, a mandatory selection of modules required for those who wish to qualify as solicitors. The Financial and Business Skills module is designed to hone candidates' understanding of the business world and prepare them for actual trial work, drawing upon practical and relevant case studies.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The PSC should be completed within a trainee's 2-year training contract. To study the programme at the best pace for you, and to study your preferred choice of electives, it is always best to plan your PSC early on in your training contract.
The SRA now stipulates that the Client Care & Professional Standards module must not be completed until a trainee has served at least 6 months full-time or full-time equivalent in a training contract, meaning that a trainee might choose to attend day 1 of the module early in their training contract and then attend day 2 later. Kaplan Altior is happy to advise trainees on this and other requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- You will be able to deal with client care issues in a more competent manner on a day to day basis within your firms.
- You will have a better understanding of how to manage your time and client matters more effectively.
- You will have improved your ability to deal with complaints and difficult clients.
- You will have improved your ability to deal with the topics discussed today when faced with issues relating to them in practice.
- You will have a better understanding of how to help manage risk within your practice.
- You will understand the financial principles used when managing company and client accounts.
- On completion of the advocacy module, trainees should be able to exercise the rights of audience available on admission in the civil and criminal courts.
Training Course Content
The following modules are available:
- Client Care: 1 day (Classroom or Live Online)
- Professional Standards: 1 day (Classroom or Live Online)
- Financial & Business Skills: 3 days (Classroom or Live Online. Exam Classroom)
- Advocacy & Communication Skills: 3 days
The cost of this training course is £425 + VAT per delegate.
PSC core plus 24 hours of electives (with coursework) £1275.00 (+vat)
PSC core plus Higher Rights training £1785.00 (+vat)
PSC core plus Higher Rights training and assessment £2185.00 (+vat)
PSC core only (FCilex or Equivalent means) £1085.00 (+vat)
FBS online exam preparation module £45.00 (+vat)
Provider: Kaplan Altior
Kaplan Altior have been providing training and consulting services to the legal profession for over 40 years. With a broad training portfolio, including CPD courses for solicitors, higher court advocates, barristers, paralegals, Professional Skills Course (PSC), Trainee Litigation Programme (TLP),...
Watch the video
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Professional Skills Course - Financial & Business Skills course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!