Professional Skills Course - Professional StandardsKaplan Altior
Professional Skills Course - Professional Standards
Professional Skills Course - Professional Standards - 1-day training course by Kaplan Altior
This series of Professional Standards courses delivered by Kaplan Altior reflects the mandatory training units required to complete the Professional Skills Course, a recognised qualification for trainee solicitors to become qualified to practice in court.
The Professional Skills Course is made up of 3 core modules, and a minimum of 24 hours of elective modules. Of the 24 hours of elective courses, 12 hours must be face to face tuition. FCILEX and some Magistrates' Court Clerks are exempt from the electives.
Kaplan Altior has been a Law Society/SRA accredited provider of the Professional Skills Course for solicitors since the inception of the course. They have offered a practical, relevant and engaging programme, led by specialist trainers with considerable experience as practitioners and trainers, concluding with a 100% examination success rate on many of our courses.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The PSC, a part of which is the Professional Standards module, is the mandatory course for all trainee solicitors and others wishing to qualify as solicitors. The complete PSC should be attended within a trainee's 2-year training contract. To study the programme at the best pace, and to study the preferred choice of electives, it is recommended that trainees plan their PSC early on during their training contract.
Kaplan Altior has unparalleled experience in delivering training and assessment programmes for legal professionals and law firms across England and Wales. Their programmes are available for professionals at every stage of their career and across the whole spectrum of legal entities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- You will be able to deal with client care issues in a more competent manner on a day to day basis within your firms.
- You will have a better understanding of how to manage your time and client matters more effectively.
- You will have improved your ability to deal with complaints and difficult clients.
- You will have improved your ability to deal with the topics discussed today when faced with issues relating to them in practice.
- You will have a better understanding of how to help manage risk within your practice.
- You will understand the financial principles used when managing company and client accounts.
- On completion of the advocacy module, trainees should be able to exercise the rights of audience available on admission in the civil and criminal courts.
Training Course Content
The following modules are available:
- Client Care: 1 day (Classroom or Live Online)
- Professional Standards: 1 day (Classroom or Live Online)
- Financial & Business Skills: 3 days (Classroom or Live Online. Exam Classroom)
- Advocacy & Communication Skills: 3 days
The cost of this training module is £345 + VAT per delegate.
PSC core plus 24 hours of electives (with coursework) £1275.00 (+vat)
PSC core plus Higher Rights training £1785.00 (+vat)
PSC core plus Higher Rights training and assessment £2185.00 (+vat)
PSC core only (FCilex or Equivalent means) £1085.00 (+vat)
FBS online exam preparation module £45.00 (+vat)
Provider: Kaplan Altior
Kaplan Altior have been providing training and consulting services to the legal profession for over 40 years. With a broad training portfolio, including CPD courses for solicitors, higher court advocates, barristers, paralegals, Professional Skills Course (PSC), Trainee Litigation Programme (TLP),...
Watch the video
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Professional Skills Course - Professional Standards course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!