Standards of Service - Advocacy: The Risks and Warnings for Solicitors
The SRA Risk Outlook 2018 highlights the risks and harm that can be caused by poor standards of service in criminal practice particularly as many people in the criminal justice system are vulnerable. It also highlights the potential wider impact on confidence in the profession if there are issues surrounding a solicitor’s competence in this area.
The SRA, jointly with the Bar Standards Board, commissioned independent research with judges who identified areas where they believe there is room for improvement.
This course will highlight those areas where it is felt there is such room for improvement by lawyers and their firms and consider steps that can be taken to continue improving the service to clients.
The course trainer, Roy Morgan, is an experienced solicitor advocate who will provide insight and expertise.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is applicable to all solicitors conducting advocacy in the criminal courts at any level. Each individual is responsible for complying with the requirements of the SRA Handbook and the managers of each firm are responsible for the overall compliance of their individual firms.
Compliance Officers for Legal Practice (COLPs) will find these courses of particular interest as their role is to champion compliance and good risk management within their firms. These courses may be integrated within existing processes to ensure that individuals are given sufficient information to comply with the SRA Handbook.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- The session specifically focuses on Advocacy standards as one SRA risk factor
- Gain an understanding of how better case strategy planning can benefit advocates
- A short, interactive, cost-effective session which can be accessed from any location.
- Delivered live by practitioners with expertise in the field of advocacy
- Designed to cover key SRA competencies
- Develop an understanding of the concerns raised by the SRA
- Understand why it is important both as a matter of law and successful practice to address these concerns
- Identify areas for improvement and better understanding; and
- Develop strategies for improvement within your own practice.
Provider: Kaplan Altior
Kaplan Altior have been providing training and consulting services to the legal profession for over 40 years. With a broad training portfolio, including CPD courses for solicitors, higher court advocates, barristers, paralegals, Professional Skills Course (PSC), Trainee Litigation Programme (TLP),...
Watch the video
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Standards of Service - Advocacy: The Risks and Warnings for Solicitors course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!