Dive Technician Course - 2-Week Programme
Competent and well-trained technicians are essential for safe offshore/inshore diving operations. Equipment used to support and conduct diving operations requires technicians for its installation, maintenance, inspection, testing and repair. The correct functioning/maintenance of the equipment is essential to the well-being of the divers and other members of the dive team.
Diving Technicians competenceis established by a series of experience and training; while most dive technicians have ‘trade skills / training’ related to their operational involvement on the diving equipment,KBA Grouphave now established a training that will develop the all-round competence of the dive technician in support of the diving system maintenance and equipment. Ranging from the ‘soft skill’ knowledge with regards to IMCA‘Dive Technician Competence and Training IMCA D 001 Rev. 2’ and industry documentation and requirements, management of change processes etc to ‘hard skill’ practical requirements such as oxygen clean systems,high pressure regulator service,cylinder inspections,KMB DSI Helmet technician trainingand more.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Experienced mechanical / electrical or hydraulic technicians
- Professionals who have completed formal technical training in the subject and wish to develop a career as a diving technician in the commercial diving sector.
All delegates much meet the following criteria:
- Experience in relevant trade training (electrical, electronic, mechanical/hydraulic). Proof of experience must be provided.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course will qualify you as a Diver Medic Technician and will provide you with an understanding of how to:
- Conduct Helmet and Band Mask inspections, and overhauls as well as face port insert testing and security, removal and repairing the side block, removal of weights and learn about the KMDSI set-up and Maintenance Check lists, and Operations and Maintenance Manuals (Delegate will receive Kirby Morgan DSI Hat Technician certificate).
- Dismantle, service, re-assemble & maintain various models of high pressure regulators commonly in use in the diving industry and many other industries.
- Plan Maintenance Systems (IMCA D018)
- Understand diving physics, physiology and basic calculations.
- Have the knowledge to perform calibration of pressure sensing equipment.
- Understand oxygen hazards and risk management approach - Oxygen Cleaning Procedures.
- Focus on the isolation of electrical equipment which is an essential requirement prior to maintenance work being carried out.
- Gain a clear understanding of how to implement the diving system assurance process (IMCA D023 & D024)..
- Gain an overview of FMEA and FMECA; the essential components, suggested level of details, complexity and options for analysis.
- Understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
- Understand the requirements of a planned maintenance system.
- Understand the principles and requirement for management of change.
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills to manage competently on the health and safety issues.
- Familiarise with air and saturation systems and procedures.
Delegates who pass the final assessment will be awarded the KBA Diving Technician competence certificate.
Training Course Content
This training course will cover the following topics:
- General Introduction, Legal & Industry Guidelines
- Basics Physics & Physiology ~ how pressure affects the diver
- Introduction to Air & Saturation Components & Procedures
- Planned Maintenance Systems and Requirements
- Dive System Assurance Awareness
- Bailout & Cylinder Inspection & Chamber Relief Valve Testing & Maintenance
- Oxygen Cleaning
- Air Purity Testing
- Gas Analysis, Calibration of Analysers
- KMDSI Hat Technician
- High Pressure Regulator
- Gauge Calibration
- Permit to Work / Lock Out Tag Out / Confined Space Entry
- Management of Change
- Introduction to Electrical Safety / Isolations
- Diver Communication System Testing and Fault Finding Procedures
- Risk Management
- FMEA Awareness training
- Use of LP & HP Compressors, Gas Transfer and Safety Procedures
- Review of IMCA Safety Flashes and Lessons Learnt
Prices vary based on location. Request information to learn more!
KBA Training: Health & Safety and Environmental Training
KBA Training Centre Pte Ltd (KBAT) represents the training division of KB Associates Group, with a significant focus on occupational health, safety and environmental training (both nationally and internationally accredited) for the onshore and offshore industries. We provide a range...
Find out more about this Dive Technician Course course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Want to know what it's really like to work in a dangerous, high pressure environment?
In this interview, Darren shares his military experience, what he has done since leaving the forces and how NEBOSH qualifications opened doors for him....
We have all been there. Struggling to fit in work, leisure and studying to improve and upgrade our skills, or having difficulty in learning new skills. If you are finding all these a challenge – there is a solution now!
Is it a skill set the industry will lose?...
KBA takes a look at the current challenges facing the commercial diving industry, as well as the crucial steps it needs to take in order to secure its long term success.
KB Associates Pte Ltd (KBA) group of companies are pleased to announce that they have received the 2018 Historical Diving Society Leonard Greenstone Award in London at the Diving Industry Work Group (DIWG)