NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment in the Process Industries - Online
This award will help both employers and employees demonstrate competence in general health and safety, process safety and environmental management. The NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment for the Process Industry qualification has been developed in conjunction with Cogent – the Sector Skills Council for the Process Industry - employers, the National Skills Academy for the Process Industries (NSAPI) and NEBOSH/NSAPI accredited providers.
It is a key part of Cogent’s ‘Gold Standard’ which is a national framework for continuous professional development setting out the skills and qualifications required for world class performance in key roles in the process industries. This qualification provides both a valuable introduction to the subject and a foundation for further study. Candidates looking to build their health and safety expertise may consider the NEBOSH International General Certificate or International Fire Certificate or International Technical Certificate or International Environment Management.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This introductory qualification is aimed at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job within the process industry. The typical people who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Process Operators
- Team leaders and supervisors
- Others with a need to understand health, safety and the environment in the chemical process industry.
Entry requirements include NEBOSH HSW, IGC or equivalent. Candidates who do not have can take these courses via E-learning, Distance learning or taught prior to course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The course is assessed through a 60 question multiple choice examination. After successful completion of the assessment you will attain the NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment in the Process Industries.
The benefits of this NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment for the Process Industries course include:
- Knowledge: Whether health, safety and environmental issues are your main responsibility, or just a part of what you do, theNEBOSHHealth, Safety and Environment for the Process Industry Qualification will give you vital knowledge to help you perform better in your role at work.
- Enjoyment: You’ll enjoy taking this qualification. You’ll discover skills and techniques that are useful and practical. Achievement: TheNEBOSHname is a mark of excellence in the field of health, safety and environmental management. It’s a qualification you can be proud of.
- Recognition:When it comes to health and safety,NEBOSHqualifications are what employers ask for more than any other. This qualification is a valuable qualification to hold in your chosen sector. It is part of the Process Industry framework for continuous professional development.
- Career development:For some, this qualification can be their first step towards a life-long career in health, safety and environmental management. For others, it forms part of an important set of qualifications that brings them success and advancement in whatever field they choose.
Benefits for companies include:
- A lower-risk workplace:Health, safety and environmental management is important. It protects people and their surroundings. Those with theNEBOSHHealth, Safety and Environment for the Process Industry Qualification have a basic set of skills that helps to avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation.
- Assurance: An employer whose staff areNEBOSHqualified is an employer committed to health, safety and the environment. And because theNEBOSHHealth, Safety and Environment for the Process Industry Qualification is part of Cogent’s ‘Gold Standard’ framework, it provides assurance to others of your positive approach to safety and environmental protection.
- Return on investment:An employee with theNEBOSHHealth, Safety and Environment for the Process Industry Qualification has a practical set of skills that brings real value to your workplace
Training Course Content
This NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment course covers the following topics:
- The foundations of process safety
- Systems to prevent loss of containment
- Common risks and controls in the process safety industry
- Plant integrity
- Emergency response
- Risk assessment hazards
- Controlling workplace hazards - Fire, manual handling, work equipment, electrical safety, hazardous substances and transport.
- Foundations in environmental management
- Control of emissions
- Environmental risk assessment
- Environmental impact assessment.
Distance Learning fee: SGD $ 422.90 (Course Fees) + SGD $100.00 (Registration Fees) + SGD $75.00 (Exam Fees)
KBA Training: Health & Safety and Environmental Training
KBA Training Centre Pte Ltd (KBAT) represents the training division of KB Associates Group, with a significant focus on occupational health, safety and environmental training (both nationally and internationally accredited) for the onshore and offshore industries. We provide a range...
Find out more about this NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment in the Process Industries course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Is it a skill set the industry will lose?...
KBA takes a look at the current challenges facing the commercial diving industry, as well as the crucial steps it needs to take in order to secure its long term success.
KB Associates Pte Ltd (KBA) group of companies are pleased to announce that they have received the 2018 Historical Diving Society Leonard Greenstone Award in London at the Diving Industry Work Group (DIWG)
We have all been there. Struggling to fit in work, leisure and studying to improve and upgrade our skills, or having difficulty in learning new skills. If you are finding all these a challenge – there is a solution now!
Want to know what it's really like to work in a dangerous, high pressure environment?
In this interview, Darren shares his military experience, what he has done since leaving the forces and how NEBOSH qualifications opened doors for him....